Disfellowshipped!

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Welcome, Emilie!

Your situation illustrates the sheer mockery that is the concept of disfellowshipping.

Now I'll go and look for the Falkland Islands/Malvinas thread....

• mamalove
    mamalove

Wishing you all the best! You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. Maybe your studies will enrich your view of things and you might change your mind on the pseudo reinstatement. We all make choices, and have to live it. This might be the best for you at this time. Perhaps later, things may alter your mindset. You sound like a nice girl, and I hope your labor goes well!

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

But wait, wouldn't holy spirit be able to guide the local elders to not reinstate her if her motives were not pure? I mean, holy spirit always works, right?

• sd-7
    sd-7

They or a zealous local elder who took it upon himself to monitor could hinder her plans for reinstatement…if they pieced together who she was.

Well, obviously. I know what they could do. But this isn't exactly the end of the world. They can't cage everyone. It's a good warning, of course, but I hope the day comes when no one needs to worry of such things...

--sd-7

• moshe
    moshe

Life can take cruel twists of fate- you go back to the KH, get reinstated so you can have contact with your family- years pass, your child grows up surrounded by JW family, which obviously want to make your child one of them, too. In 25 years the child you give birth to, could be an active JW, married to a JW sister and you could be a grandmother- and if you mess up and get kicked out of the WT religion again- they could shun you and you will lose contact with you child and grandchildren- is that the future you want?. Don't go down that path back to the KH- you have your freedom from the WT cult, don't waste it.

Once you have a baby, you have leverage over your family- they might not want to talk to you, but they will have to in order to see their grandchild-this will be your trump card- play it.

• clarity
    clarity

Emilie .... a big welcome to you

What an awful situation to have to face when you are pregnant! What a silly & foolish cult!

I don't know how you will take care of this precious child but plse don't let these fools spoil this special time of your life!

Stop thinking about them and concentrate on what is really important ...you will never get this time back again!

I agree with Moshe, let things unfold as they will, stop wasting your energy trying to control and decieve....it is not worth it!

And as Moshe says ..."

"Once you have a baby, you have leverage over your family- they might not want to talk to you, but they will have to in order to see their grandchild-this will be your trump card- play it."

All the best

clarity

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Emilie!

Congratulations on staying positive when dealing with tough circumstances and ignorant, vindictive hypocites.

I liked a strategy here on JWN that suggested moving to a foreign language congregation (after reinstatement) and getting your cards sent there, and then fading from there.

At least your child will not grow up with conditional love.

Blessings on the journey to freedom.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Awake!, July 2009, page 29:

No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.

Yeah, right!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Once you have a baby, you have leverage over your family- they might not want to talk to you, but they will have to in order to see their grandchild-this will be your trump card- play it.

Moshe is absolutely right. One of the greatest gifts you can give your child is integrity. You want him/her to trust you, don't you? if you go back and get reinstated into something you don't believe in in your heart, you are creating a false foundation for your own relationship with your child.

Don't do it. Stay out, and be gald you've been given the chance to do so.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Emilie, Welcome here to your cyber family, I wish you all the best and your baby, I just say, follow your heart, and we are always here for you ,

good luck !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit