Disfellowshipped!

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 115 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I could help wondering where the father of your unborn child fits in with all this and your plans to move overseas? What about him?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    We all have our own injustices to deal with, and your country is just as guilty of that if not more. We can’t fix everything. But the next time an imperial power takes some adjacent islands of yours and boots your governor out, then let us know. We’ll be certain to support you diplomatically. Two wrongs don’t make a right. Native American claims to both American continents would be virtually impossible to set right. But a sparsely populated colonial outpost falls into the realm of a reasonable negotiation. Let’s not compare apples and oranges.

That is so very much not what happened. Rewriting history to support your country's myth is not helpful, and is the kind of thinking that resulted in the tragic war in 1982. It is called propaganda.

For a fuller and more accurate account, please see the Malvinas/Falklands thread here.

The facts speak for themselves.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Chariklo – You need not quote the Malvinas thread to me here. As you know, I am a regular contributor on that thread.

So an imperial power did not take sparsely inhabited islands from another country in 1833? I’m not getting how that fact is a myth? You call the Malvinas claim of Argentina a myth. Here’s another one: The Malvinas were a sparsely populated entity which did not have a proper government, and the UK stepped in and provided such a government. If you want to go further, the British “Falklands Doctrine” would have allowed it to invade and keep any territory on earth that didn’t have a properly constituted government as they saw fit. There are thousands of such islands today in all four oceans. Get your warships ready and prepare to plant your flags!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Welcome and good luck on starting your REAL life.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

The whole thing is about truth, isn't it? Either you are the sort of person who really cares about truth, or you are someone who is content to live a lie and to espouse lies.

Your choice. And a bad choice always, always comes back to you later in life when you least expect it.

And I certainly need you to keep on telling me what is true and what is not. Maybe you should start a wiki page on me so you can quote from it.

• moshe
    moshe
    but my mind is made up. Thank you for your thoughts, but as far as I am concerned, discussion and commentary on my plan for re-instatement is now closed.

I could tell you really didn't want advice, but sympathy for your pregnancy plight, which falls under the title of, "you reap what you sow" and somehow, you think another set of lies will work out just fine.

You really need to get a life.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome to the board ! The more international it is, the better...

Your plan to be reinstated for family reasons sounds about right. I have known several others who have done the same..It seems that "family ties" are more important to us than they are to those so-called "Christian " people..Good luck.

As for the Malvinas, or The Falklands? I am British (English) but I have no opinion about the sovereignty of those small islands. They are a long way from here and a lot closer to Argentina.

NB.. I am more concerned when we play Argentina at football

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Welcome to the forum!!!

I could no longer hide the fact that I will be a mother soon. I am not married and don’t even have a boyfriend, so a lot of gossip was circulated that I am a bad woman.

ummm... immaculate conception? It happened once before, if I'm not mistaken... what was his name <he says thoughtfully, looking at the ceiling>

Just kidding.

Good luck with your plan, and congrats on your pregnancy. I hope it is a healthy baby, and you continue your education. Get that degree!! By doing so, you will set an example for your young one to follow.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit