If you don't know what's wrong it can't be fixed

by N.drew 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

What Sab said

• N.drew
    N.drew

Revelation 1:3 "The time is near" what's it mean?

It's not near on the calender, it's near to the spirit.

The end is "near" to the spirit and the one who comes in the clouds is "near" to a person's spirit. Where there is a physical body, there is a spiritual body.

close (1), near (27), nearby (1), nearer (1), ready (1).

It means the possibility to do something that causes tribulation is at hand but because of that the spirit that causes life is near to those who seek it.

The sheep seek to do the will of the Father the goats cause tribulation because they join together against the sheep. But they don't know it because they are blind.

2 Corinthians 4:4

in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The end is "near" to the spirit and the one who comes in the clouds is "near" to a person's spirit. Where there is a physical body, there is a spiritual body.

NDrew, what do you think about things such as boulders, mountains, streams and trees? They can be considered physical bodies as well. In your opinion is there a spiritual tandem with them as well? To the Native American's this kind of idea was commonplace.

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew

Here's something to reason on.

We all know the WTS does not know what they are taking about,

We who have studied the Bible with the Witnesses and have compared what they teach to other translations know it is very similar how they translate the scriptures.

Now is the time to understand what it is but everyone but Tammy and Sab, that I know, are leaning on dead men's interpretations. Are we better than them? Nope! But they're dead. They have not seen the evidence that we have. It is reasonable to believe that we are wiser than they were. We have eyes to see it happening and all the tools we could ever want at hand. And as far as I know all the tools are free. (in the USA) :)

• N.drew
    N.drew
    In your opinion is there a spiritual tandem with them as well?

Yes and no. Each one does not have it's own spirit. But together the Earth has one I believe. So each part of Earth reflects the spirit of the whole Earth. That's how I understand it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Someone asked about heavenly spirits. Are they created?

Creation is work. I think (but I might be wrong lala) that there was no work involved in their appearance. I think they are manifestions of the thoughts of God.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yes and no. Each one does not have it's own spirit. But together the Earth has one I believe. So each part of Earth reflects the spirit of the whole Earth. That's how I understand it.

Ah, that makes sense. What about animals? I used to have a cat that I got when I was going through my medication trial and error phase and he kept me company through some very hard times. When he would come in from outside he would always come over to me and jump on my lap for a few minutes before he'd even eat or drink even though he'd been outside all day. When he died I had a vivid dream, the most vivid in my life, where I was holding him and I could see the radiance of his yellow eyes looking back at me. I have been around a lot of cats, and this one in particular seemed extremely special. The Bible speaks of animals having souls, I have always wondered how sophisticated they are especially in relation to ours.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Creation is work. I think (but I might be wrong lala) that there was no work involved in their appearance. I think they are manifestions of the thoughts of God.

Creation always starts as an idea which isn't work. The work is in the manifistation of the idea which is where we come in.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hello SBC, I hope you are doing well. Atheists are consistent with their conclusions about the Bible as non scientific. You don't have to read past Genesis 1 for the book to be rendered unreliable when analyzed with the scientific method. Spirituality =/= Science, according to most scientists. The Bible was designed to be a spiritual book for communing with one's creator. If someone doesn't believe in the spirit realm, or God for that matter, they have no business using secularism to explain it's contents. The Bible needs no corroboration because it's designed to be stand alone.

Does this same 'rule' go for all holy writings? I'm just trying to define the boundaries. And might I also suggest that since science has no business explaining the contents of the bible, then religion has no business meddling with science. Don't try to use science to prove any point in the bible (cuz that's just plain silly) and don't use the bible or religion or spirituality to try and disprove ANY point in science.

There will be no more talk of mysterious energy that we can't measure, which somehow represents something spiritual (thank math for that! That was quite tiring). The lines have been drawn. No longer will we attempt a scientific conversation only to have a believer meddle and dilute the process with pseudo-science. They have no business doing so. At least according to my logical conclusion as drawn from Sab's limits.

NC

• N.drew
    N.drew

I have not considered if animals are a part of Earth's spirit. It appears they are not. They do of course have a body thus a spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit