If you don't know what's wrong it can't be fixed

by N.drew 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I was just talking Wibble. This the right thread - isn’t it?

I thought all your threads were Wibble.

Remember getting knocked out and getting locked out is not the same thing.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Like many people have said before the Bible is NOT A MANUAL. It is a helper. So obviously the scripture has deeper meaning than what is written.

John 21:25

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written.

• N.drew
    N.drew

That sounds like the rumor that's going around, yes. But I think it's not um authentic?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Is it not obvious yet that getting knocked out is the least of my concerns?

Yup, "getting knocked out" is way down there near "being factual."

So obviously the scripture has deeper meaning than what is written.

Obviously. Evidently. Apparently.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Is it just me or do you get the sense from many of the Christian "believers" on this forum that they are overly sensitive about things being quoted from the bible.

How is it possible to have an honest discussion when you have to argue over their personal revelations that seem to always supercede what is written. It seems quite arrogant to me that they think they are the only ones who can read it and comprehend what it says. Pride it's a tough one fo sho.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    "being factual."

The "world" that Jesus warned us to be no part of is what determins what "factual" is. You know by now that I don't care what the world determines. Hardly at all. I mean at first I wanted justice, fairness, but I don't want it anymore. It would be nice, but it is something I expect never to see. So why keep looking?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I was just talking Wibble. This the right thread - isn’t it?

I would like to reply to that - in a definitave way: MAYBE.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    The "world" that Jesus warned us to be no part of is what determins what "factual" is. You know by now that I don't care what the world determines.

NDrew, in order to corroborate ANYTHING in the Bible, you first have to rely on the expertise of secularly educated minds... the archaeologists, anthropologists, linguists, astronomers, historians, and other scholars. That is the "WORLD" of which you speak.

Without them, there would be no reliable basis from which to derive knowledge of scripture, Jesus, etc. None whatsoever. Forget about even the parts of the Bible that ARE historically accurate. Those accounts would be no more verifiable than stories of Atlantis.

So when you turn around and reject science - the method used to unlock secrets of the past - as you have in the above quote, you are sawing off the very branch upon which you sit, clutching your cherished beliefs.

Go ahead, though... saw away like the WTBTS.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    SBC: You just dabble in your magic, and I'll dabble in my science - how about that?

SBC: in order to corroborate ANYTHING in the Bible, you first have to rely on the expertise of secularly educated minds... the archaeologists, anthropologists, linguists, astronomers, historians, and other scholars. That is the "WORLD" of which you speak.

Hello SBC, I hope you are doing well. Atheists are consistent with their conclusions about the Bible as non scientific. You don't have to read past Genesis 1 for the book to be rendered unreliable when analyzed with the scientific method. Spirituality =/= Science, according to most scientists. The Bible was designed to be a spiritual book for communing with one's creator. If someone doesn't believe in the spirit realm, or God for that matter, they have no business using secularism to explain it's contents. The Bible needs no corroboration because it's designed to be stand alone.

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew
    NDrew, in order to corroborate ANYTHING in the Bible, you first have to rely on the expertise of secularly educated minds... the archaeologists,
    anthropologists, linguists, astronomers, historians, and other scholars. That is the "WORLD" of which you speak.

I have short term memory loss too!

I wrote this before you said that.

I have only what Biblos and Strong have already researched. So in reality I can hardly call their research my research. But personally ON MY OWN I have done hundreds of hours of "research". I was being honest. I am believing Mr. Strong who wrote the research. I have no proof if he or they are right. I am doing as is commanded at 1 Corinthians 2:13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit