If you don't know what's wrong it can't be fixed

by N.drew 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew
    at least consider the context before we post personal translations that can be open to comments

I did. Did you? What conclusion have you drawn?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think "if you don't know what's wrong" means unaware of SOMETHING wrong. When a car does not run right the owner knows SOMETHING is wrong.

Thanks for clarifying that for us!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    James Woods - How many bloody cars do you have?

That is OFF TOPIC. But only four right now. I said that I USED to own the ZR-1 - I traded it for the Rolls Royce about two years after I got the Ferrari because I did not drive it much after that.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I shall elaborate. There are muscles (phew!) that are not used usually. So we never know they're there. Yoga is that which stretches the body ways it does not go. THEN we see OH! there's a muscle there. I didn't know. It doesn't feel good. Then you know there's something wrong.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Funny if you apply the title of this thread to religion, bible and God, it makes so much more sense. Imagine how free and liberted the human species could be, and how far they could go without this nonsense.

Even the bible agrees with this.

And Jehovah proceeded to go down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men had built. 6 After that Jehovah said: “Look! They are one people and there is one language for them all, and this is what they start to do. Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them. - Gen 11:5

Ditch the God crutch, be free.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Yes, but according to my understanding "uncertain reality" has become certain by means of the written word about the Christ.

Yes, but according to my understanding, your take on reality is f'ed up. And my uncertainty isn't yours to tamper with, Ndrew. You can't declare my uncertainty as 'having become certain.' You just dabble in your magic, and I'll dabble in my science - how about that?

It is certain that people will beat "themselves in lamentation".NWT Is that something you want to be proud of?

It is certain that NDrew will be dogmatic about things "without knowing what the hell she's talking about." (-SBC) Is that something you want to be proud of?

"wail" I beat my breast or head in lamentation, lament, mourn, sometimes

Color me completely unsurprised. But carry on.

BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him;

and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

Behold, perhaps He needs a woman so He doesn't have to come with the clouds. And every mind that "saw Him" and put faith in him will eventually go the way of the worshipers of Zeus. And even the tribes of the earth will go "yeah, that's such bullshit." So it is to be. Ramen.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I don't think that is what it means. Genesis 11:5 means their cooperation will leave no room for god's will be done. God's will is done through people. Thus the image of God came as a person. So the scripture means to the ends of the earth (Edge) man can eliminate the children of God if Heaven doesn't stop it. And heaven did stop it did!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Ndrew: A person does not need faith to do decent research.

That's the second-freshest idea I've heard today. Here's the first:

• N.drew
    N.drew

LOL!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I reject everyones reality and substitute my own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit