If you don't know what's wrong it can't be fixed

by N.drew 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

That is what I heard last night at my yoga class. She said for something to be fixed first it must become known what needs fixing. It is true for the physical, but also for the spiritual I believe.

Revelation 1:7

has been translated "every eye will see him" but I think it means every eye will see self. The way I understand pronouns by the little research I've done is they are written non-specific. So the transliteration auton can mean self.

The scriptural reference I have to understand it that way is Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

But "able to judge" comes from discernable. So if Christ has reveled IN YOU and IN ME what needs fixing THEN it might be fixed. But one can not fix what one does not know needs fixing.

Religion has made it uniform. It is not uniform.

Society has set the norm (that is what world means). John 15:19

The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you.

It is for each person with Christ. Revelation 3:20

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

• N.drew
    N.drew

That is how those without courage will not see the kingdom of God. Revealstion 21:8

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

They have no courage to see themselves the way they are.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    She said for something to be fixed first it must become known what needs fixing.

Have you thought about seeing a professional to find out what's wrong?

Revealstion 21:8

From whence did the book of Revealstion come? Is that a cheap knockoff of Revelation?

Speaking of courage, I kinda like this quote about the intellectual counterpart:

Intellectual Courage: Having a consciousness of the need to face and fairly address ideas, beliefs or viewpoints toward which we have strong negative emotions and to which we have not given a serious hearing. This courage is connected with the recognition that ideas considered dangerous or absurd are sometimes rationally justified (in whole or in part) and that conclusions and beliefs inculcated in us are sometimes false or misleading. To determine for ourselves which is which, we must not passively and uncritically "accept" what we have "learned." Intellectual courage comes into play here, because inevitably we will come to see some truth in some ideas considered dangerous and absurd, and distortion or falsity in some ideas strongly held in our social group. We need courage to be true to our own thinking in such circumstances. The penalties for non-conformity can be severe.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Men have always had the power to be conscious of self. Some use it, some don't. What's done is done.

There will be a time that all will realize their contribution to peace (Jesus the Prince of Peace) or their lack of contribution. All will see themselves as heaven sees them. Their true self.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart ...."

Ah! All this talk of sharp swords and piercing joints make me hungry to be back in the arena brandishing my gladius.

Salute

• Think About It
    Think About It

WOW.....you are going to give the NWT committee a run for their money.

Think About It

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK! Funny thread turned serious (Part Deux) serious thread turned funny. Throws up hands in OK I lose, fine.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

don't give up - here I'll put it back on a serious note if you want

the textus receptus (courtesy of free bible tools) says autos but I think the JW greek interlinear (which I don't have to hand) says auton. why the difference?

auton translated like that makes sense, n.drew.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The same word translated "him" in Revelation spelled right 1:7 is translated "it" in Matthew 5:15

http://biblos.com/matthew/5-15.htm

nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Also translated "it" in Matthew 5:29

http://biblos.com/matthew/5-29.htm

"If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit