If you don't know what's wrong it can't be fixed

by N.drew 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

wow same problem again - autos in one text and auton in the other. I think this is a question for leolaia

• N.drew
    N.drew

Words prove my ring theory

They are powerful AND weak (spelled right!)

• N.drew
    N.drew

Words get broken down to define their meaning better than one generic word for everything. I hear in the far north there are many words for "snow".

The way I understand it is auton comes from the word autos, but is more specific.

• N.drew
    N.drew

It might be the difference between a person with faith and a person without faith is the person with faith will listen to learn. The person without faith l0oks for evidence that they should listen before they will listen. That is what I think Revelation 16:13-16 means. I've been saying it doesn't mean war for a long time, but no one is listening.

• tec
    tec

Christ spoke of people being judged by their own words; being measured by the measure they use.

I agree with you that at the judgment people will see the truth, and that includes the truth of themselves. The truth of ourselves is one that we tend to avoid, or simply cannot see.

I also agree that pronouns are put in according to the theological understanding of a passage, since they can be interchangeable, and so are used according to tradition or doctrinal understanding. It is not a stretch to conclude that some of them are wrong.

Peace!

Tammy

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

Words get broken down to define their meaning better than one generic word for everything. I hear in the far north there are many words for "snow".

The way I understand it is auton comes from the word autos, but is more specific.

okay.

scandalize from biblos.com says it all. If your right eye scandalizes you pluck it out.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thank you tec.

Armegeddon is strife and a quar HELP SWEETS! quarrel. Strife and quarrelling lead to war. What leads to war is not war, is it? So if anyone could stop the quarrel the war would be avoided, no? I vote yes.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The way I do it when I am unsure is I click on the word as spelled and see all the other places where it is found. Then I get a sense of what the writer was trying to say.

I have found many words that are spelled as they are only once in the canon. It is wonderful!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
    NDrew: There will be a time that all will realize their contribution to peace (Jesus the Prince of Peace) or their lack of contribution. All will see themselves as heaven sees them. Their true self.

Then there are those of us who will wear our "lack of contribution to Jesus" like a badge of courage, in that we were brave enough to face uncertain reality instead of comforting ourselves with myths and wishful thinking.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jesus Saves Sucks......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit