If you don't know what's wrong it can't be fixed

by N.drew 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes, but according to my understanding "uncertain reality" has become certain by means of the written word about the Christ.

It is certain that people will beat "themselves in lamentation".NWT Is that something you want to be proud of?

"wail" I beat my breast or head in lamentation, lament, mourn, sometimes with acc. of person whose loss is mourned. definition Strong's Concordence

BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Serious thread? In all fairness.....you start a thread on Bible verse translation, admit you had done little research, then attempt to mistranslate Rev 1:7, which the CONTEXT clearly shows John to be talking about Jesus and not "self".

Think About It

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

to me the bible is mostly written in "eventful" language. so when it talks about the cowardly, alongside the vile, the murders, the sexually immoral - one has to apprenhend this as if you were on the receiving end - the one against whom the injustices were committed as well as the one committing the acts of injustice.

• N.drew
    N.drew

admit you had done little research,

I have only what Biblos and Strong have already researched. So in reality I can hardly call their research my research. But personally ON MY OWN I have done hundreds of hours of "research". I was being honest. I am believing Mr. Strong who wrote the research. I have no proof if he or they are right. I am doing as is commanded at 1 Corinthians 2:13

This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I personally think the most evil and vile creation is god.

• N.drew
    N.drew

So Think About It, how is it explained correctly that the word translated "him" in Revelation is translated "it" in Matthew 5:15?

• Think About It
    Think About It

That's fine dear, but if we on this forum are going to bang on the NWT committee for their hack job of Bible translation, then let's at least consider the context before we post personal translations that can be open to comments.

Think About It

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, with all due respect, Ms. N.drew - sometimes people CAN fix things just through blind luck and NEVER really know what is wrong.

I used to have a Corvette ZR-1 and none of the chevrolet dealer service people ever understood this 4-cam 32 valve engine.

I had one guy who actually did get a terrible misfire fixed by simply replacing all 16 fuel injectors and all the coil packs - only one was really missing, but he had no idea WHICH one so he just replaced them all. It cost about $2400.

I got a different mechanic after that by begging my Porsche technician to buy a service manual for the ZR-1 and work on it himself.

But most of the time, your yoga instructor is right.

• cantleave
    cantleave

James Woods - How many bloody cars do you have?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Haha! OK!

Real research is difficult, time consuming and expensive. A person does not need faith to do decent research.

What I do is in my opinion an order from The Lord

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

I begin by saying to myself "is that right?" (ask)

Now I have all the research at my finger tips so I research it and I am able to get help from the spirit as I already have knocked on the door.

So I ask myself the question, and I seek the answer but not from the world. I get it from the other side of the "door" because I keep knocking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit