Dan Savage talks about the bible and Christian students flee

by Terry 319 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    hahaha, the usual bullshit... good nite, sweet dreamer .

Why do you always have to attack personally and call people you disagree with names Talesin? Are you incapable of having a discussion?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I did not see any bullying on that video. Dan Savage spoke the TRUTH! If speaking truth is bullying, then I am proud to be a bully.

The people who walked out didn't want hear the truth, they wanted to stay in their world delusion.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Does anyone seriously think this was an appropriate presentation to children? Seriously?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

There are black students getting up too, so I have no idea what you are talking about. This was held at Sutter Union High School in California.

By "students", do you mean the one black girl that seems to be leaving at the end of his explanation that the Bible was wrong about slavery. Perhaps she had a long walk from the 'blacks only' segregated section.

And you have every idea what I'm talking about. You're obviously using words like "profanity" and "bullying" as smoke and mirrors to conceal the fact that the Bible was used for centuries to defend the slavery of blacks. If you don't like Dan Savage calling the Bible's rules on slavery "bullsh!t", just come out and say that the Bible is divine support for the institution of slavery.

Then you can come out and say that women should also be treated as property of their husbandly or fatherly owners, like any other slave. That's what the Bible teaches.

If it's what you believe, then that's what you believe. Embrace it. And you have to realize that some people will want to call your beliefs "bullsh!t." But you can console yourself with the fact that the Bible says that everyone that would question the Bible will burn in hell.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Those Children read the bible or at least have been taught it. This is dispicable, a book of hate, which has caused wars and division throughout history.

So yes he was right to do what he did.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Does anyone seriously think this was an appropriate presentation to children? Seriously?

We mustn't allow anyone to undermine the Bible's teachings on slavery. Is that what you're saying?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Lots of strawmen and red herrings from Billy. My comments aren't about the Bible, or about what is written there (which is open to interpretation), or whether people can publicly disagree... they are about Savage's savage behavior. Savage went into a profanity laced rant to a bunch of children. Is this an appropriate environment for public high school children? Seriously?

Even Savage has been walking back his comments, trying to issue non-apology apologies on twitter.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Wow he used the term bullshit!!!!

I wouldn't call that profane, certainly not in comparison to the profanity that is found in the bible itself!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Lots of strawmen and red herrings from Billy.

Trying to discredit me instead of my arguments, eh BTS? Just like you can't discredit Savage, so you attack his use of the word "bullsh!t".

Do you really think that these high school 'children' have never heard that word before?

In case you didn't realize it, he used the word exactly for the shock effect. If he would have said the Bible was "wrong" or "misguided", the speech would have been ignored. By using the word, he's back in the Internet headlines. This draws the ire of the Bible-thumpers that condemn his "profanity laced rant". Which attracts people to look at what he actually said, and listen to his message that the Bible is pro-slavery. His mission is accomplished.

Perhaps the public high school children should hear the divine biblical passages that describe excrement and slaughter? Or am I going to be accused of using the "profanity laced rants" of the Bible as a red herring?

• talesin
    talesin

lol, as the other commens have shown, by saying this, and other fabricated statements,

Savage went into a profanity laced rant to a bunch of children. Is this an appropriate environment for public high school children? Seriously?

You are a LIAR.

liar.. hmmm, you well do you wear that label, BTS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit