Dan Savage talks about the bible and Christian students flee

by Terry 319 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin

i only expect some no-nonsense rhetoric after this ............... carry on

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I suppose it would be a red herring if I mentioned that stuff in the Bible like Deut. 22:28,29 are bullshit.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    You are a LIAR.

There you go again, going into personal attacks.

Posting Guidelines

Insulting, threatening or provoking language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profanity

Profanity, also known as swearing, cursing, foul speech, and cussing, is speech that shows disrespect, a desecration or debasement of someone or something, or the expression of intense emotions. Profanity can take the form of words, expressions, gestures, or other social behaviors that are socially constructed or interpreted as insulting, rude, vulgar, obscene, obnoxious, foul, desecrating or other forms. [1]

Who is the liar now?

i only expect some no-nonsense rhetoric after this ............... carry on

If you want to read nonsense, read your own posts.

• talesin
    talesin

call a spade a spade, and it's not agaiunst the guidelines.......

• talesin
    talesin

lol,,, little man ..............

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    lol,,, little man ..............

That's all you got?

• bohm
    bohm

oh no, those christians are getting totally persecuted by the gay man!

Imagine how shocked their young minds will be when they find out what the nasty persecution-word "bullshit" mean.

• talesin
    talesin

no, that's all you got,,,

you're boring,,, I've tried to engage, but you have never shown any true backup for anything you say... it's a big snooze-fest .. and, yah, a sign of whatever you make this ...................

lol, little man !

• darthfader
    darthfader

I think the point is that without regard for his message, his delivery was unacceptable and inappropriate.

By the way all the "old testament" crap is no longer applicable because of Jesus' sacrifice. So in a way you could call it BS if you like - but that seems like an ineffective way to communicate.

(edit)

What's with the kindergarden name calling anyway here. Why don't you go get a room...

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Trying to discredit me instead of my arguments, eh BTS?

You started it upthread, Billy, by trying to discredit me instead of my arguments. You accused me of smoke and mirror tactics.

Pot, meet kettle.

If he would have said the Bible was "wrong" or "misguided", the speech would have been ignored.

That is what he should have said. If your argument is right there is no need to go on a crazed rant and calling those who refuse to listen to it "pansy asses."

Student's receive discipline in California schools for the use of profanity.

http://www.aclunc.org/docs/racial_justice/discipline_in_california.pdf

Shouldn't educators be held to the same standard?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit