Dan Savage talks about the bible and Christian students flee

by Terry 319 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Absolutely. Hate is hate. Savage is the homosexual liberal version of a Westboro congregation member. As I've said, he is a gay Rick Santorum
    No, big difference. One wants YOU to live according to HIS beliefs. The other wants to live as who he is, even if it doesn't fit into YOUR beliefs.
  • botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

NewChapter just brought in Godwin's Law.

Thread's really dead now.

Bye.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ber: What subjects Billy?

This morning was Properties of Materials. Later this week are Material and Energy Balances, Differential Equations, and Computational Methods in Chemical Engineering. I was going to go out and have some fun after the exam this afternoon, but it rained here and I'm fighting a cold.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    This morning was Properties of Materials. Later this week are Material and Energy Balances, Differential Equations, and Computational Methods in Chemical Engineering. I was going to go out and have some fun after the exam this afternoon, but it rained here and I'm fighting a cold

Ewww are you one of those Math and Science guys????

So you stayed in and had some fun with us?

Have some chicken soup, lots of liquids and SLEEP!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ewww are you one of those Math and Science guys?

I'm afraid so...

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

th_drbble

I love Nerds

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Diest said:

BTS I fear that you fail to understand hyperbole when someone like Savage speaks.

For all of your talk of strawmen and argumentum ad infinitum you seem to participate in it just as much as the rest of us.

Agreed.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It is full of them. ... It contained obscenities.

So he called anti-gay and pro-slavery Bible teachings "bullsh!t" 3 times. And that makes it "full" of "obscenities"?

Do you really think this was an appropriate speech in a high school auditorium?

It wasn't a high school auditorium.

This was held at Sutter Union High School in California.

Nope. BTS pretty well misrepresented the audience and setting of this event. These teens and there parents were fully aware of who would be speaking.

And talking about the Bible in a public high school, there's some irony that can be mined there too. If it was a speech extolling the Bible, people like you would be up in arms.

If Savage were to give a speech extolling the Bible's teaching on selling rape victims to their rapists, perhaps those offended high school students who left the auditorium would have stayed to listen?

• darthfader
    darthfader

Ber/Beks: I chose my words poorly "it's charged emotionally and I usually tune it out." What I meant to say is if someone uses profanity as part of a reasoning argument for me it falls on deaf ears. I don't have a problem with his position, I think his delivery sucks. And if he has that little control over his speech, what does that mean for his argument.

Yes, geing gay and terrorized for it is not to be tolerated. But, if you have to be crass and pissy about it, you need to change your tactics. Im sure that no publicity for him is bad publicity, but I dont have to respect him for have "poor self control".

Wow I can't believe how this thread has gone on and on...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Nerds are sexy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit