Dan Savage talks about the bible and Christian students flee

by Terry 319 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Splitting hairs, don't you think?

Yes, but lets keep this JWesque illustration ball rolling!

If someone says that my brakes are sh!t and there's too much cr@p on the windows to see out. What should I do? Hop in the car and race away in a tearful rage saying that I'd been bullied, and that he should have talked with a more nicelier tone to me about my car? Would I melodramatically tell everyone that I'd been told that my entire vehicle was pronounced bullsh!t?

I don't take offense that easily. I'd take a closer look at the actual situation. And if my brakes were 2000 years past their useful life and the windows were a mess, I'd be prepared to thank whoever pointed it out.

My cat, however, has another opinion...

cat

R.I.P. Toonces
    I warned you about the brakes...

toonc

Now I'm off-topic, huh?

• talesin
    talesin

Toonces, the Driving Cat!

love that skit hehehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x5-38LJ8N4

lol!

tal

• Terry
    Terry

In all fairness (is there such a thing?) the only people actually committed to keeping the LAW (and all those wacky details of OCD observance) were

Jews who had presumably embraced a covenant. Nobody else was required to do anything except what was right in their own eyes.

It isn't so much THE BIBLE that tells us (who is "us"?) we have to do this or that nutty thing. It is the history of a particular time and place and people

serving as a puppet show being held up as an example. The BIBLE merely reports it.

Christians claim to be free of the Law while insisting the 10 commandments be posted publicly and revered! How confused can they be?

Nobody who believes anything knows much at all about the details of their own belief, it would seem.

• Terry
    Terry

All this time I had visualized Bizzy Bee as a crackpot middle age man sitting in his BVD's eating Cheetohs and cut and pasting diatribes.

Now, I suddenly discover Bizzy Bee is none of that--but--a gorgeous woman!

Jeezus Christ! Now I have to go into my head and scrape the walls and freshen the room I'd locked BB in unwittingly.

I don't understand why it makes a difference to me--but, it does.

• designs
    designs

Terry- that is what is so nuts (BS) about Romans.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

tal, I think letting a cat drive a car is bullshit not something we should take literally.

Am I getting the hang of this?

• Terry
    Terry

Romans is a real piece of OCD eruption. I put it up there with the Unibomber Manifesto for brilliant weirdness empty of rational sense.

• talesin
    talesin

lol Billy, I don't know,,, I am not good at these threads, as I hate arguing.... but I always loved that SNL skit! :D

tal

• talesin
    talesin

ummmm, Terry, that is Martin Sheen and his wife, but Bizzy IS a woman, and I think she is hot, if she bears any resemblance to her sister.

tal

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wait, Bizzy Bee is married to Martin Sheen?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit