Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Sab - those practicing Christianity generally will try their best to do what is written, is this true or false in your view?

• still thinking
    still thinking
    So you think my analysis of NC is incorrect or just rude?...Sab

Both.

It's disheartening for me to see someone as respectable as you making a comparrison of this conversation to others where I was mercilessly attacked over and over. It's different, and if you disagree then stop defending me, it wont hurt my feelings....Sab

Thanks for calling me respectable......I was not comparing the whole conversation...just that comment. And I agree,you were mercilssly attacked before. And I would still defend you if it happened again.

I think you and NC are both worth listeneing to...I see neither of you as thick...both you and New Chapter are far from uncaring. You both bring interesting ideas to the thread. But I don't particularly agree with yours....not overall anyway.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Funny is it not whenever you have a discussion about religious theology with a religious protagonists they always play a game of slight of hand.

Dodging, spinning, twisting all diverging tactics in an attempting to win the discussion.

JWS are quite known for this and Sab is good at too but not really that great, some of his indoctrination has obviously drained

away since leaving the JWS.

Jws are also highly susceptible of having systematic Bi-polar disorder, probably relating to their constant indoctrination they receive as being a JWS.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Bible is external data and I take it into account, I don't understand your point.

And where do you particularly find the word of god or are you saying you selectively pick and choose

yourself what scripture is from god and what is from man alone ?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - those practicing Christianity generally will try their best to do what is written, is this true or false in your view?

Most Christian's don't get Christianity, at least in my experience. Mainly because they have their nose in the Bible and not on their own lives which is what Christ wanted.

John 10:10

New International Version (NIV)

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

The atheists say they have fulfilment in their lives because they seek truth. That is a very Christian outlook on life and it's why I don't think they are all malicious. I think that they are subject to the follies of man like everybody else. Some fall and some don't.

And where do you particularly find the word of god or are you saying you selectively pick and choose yourself what scripture is from god and what is from man alone ?

I found the word of God and it works through the heart first and the mind second. "Ask and you shall recieve" really does work and if it doesn't then you didn't ask, you just used a question mark in your sentence.

I think you and NC are both worth listeneing to...I see neither of you as thick...both you and New Chapter are far from uncaring. You both bring interesting ideas to the thread. But I don't particularly agree with yours....not overall anyway.

Here is a good example of Christian philosophy in action right here. You are an elegant woman, Still Thinking.

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking

LMAO...I am only on page 17...(playing catch up)....bohm & NC..your comments about insurance are cracking me up.

I have "sold" insurance when I was temping years ago....I never sold it though....I simply gave you cover, that you need....but you probably had no idea you needed it.....that was...unil I came along.....LOL....very generous of me IMO.

Bohm...I came across the 'odd' phone call where someone would say something along the lines that you did...I have to say, it was always the highlight of my mundane working night.

I had an hour long conversation once with a guy who insisted he didn't need life insurance as he had no one to leave it to....well...after an hour or so........of him pouring out his life story to me...guess what...he was right..LOL...then he asked me out on a date.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

"Ask and you shall recieve"

• still thinking
    still thinking

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Doesn't God have absolute power?

You know, I never thought of it like that before....

• still thinking
    still thinking

Now why didn't someone tell me there was a review on page 19...geessh!!!

• still thinking
    still thinking
    I just dislike the comment that money could be better spent elsewhere. I mean, money could be better spent elsewhere than in a lot of things. So why focus on churches?...tec

Yes it could....and we could begin with not wasting money on churches and religion....money is thrown at religion and for what? So they can tell you what to do and how to live your life....biggest waste of money in my opinion. Even gambling has a possibility of some sort of reward and in NZ pokie machines support charity to some extent...LOL..but religion...what a waste of space, time and money.

I do personally see pokies as a waste of money too...but no more than religion... they are both addictive and can both need qualified help to recover from them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit