Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

The only way to interface with the east is to become a more spiritual nation, not less.

Your words, not mine.

And I'm not going to do your research for you, darlin. I'll help you though. Here's something to get you started...

http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Anthropology/publications/Oppose.htm

(spoiler alert - no mention of bikinis)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sab .... And how do you correlate a understanding relationship with this god and mankind and toward yourself for that matter ?

Whats the vehicle of understanding that you use to know this god as a whole ?

• designs
    designs

I like the Navajo's beliefs especially Spider Woman.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - I don't think the crusades worked out so well, when the west thought God to be on their side was at it's zenith. And please don't insult our intelligence by thanking Christianity for women in bikini's and freedom. Christianity does not equate to freedom, and hasn't over the last two mellenia. As an example of what modern day Christianity would impose - Rick Santorum (a Christian) wanted to censor the internet. Christianity when followed to the letter, leaves just a moderate margin of freedom more than Islam does.

Propaganda, real bad. You can't use Rick Santorum as a represenative for Christianity (Christ is a bit better). He merely had enough money to join the electoral race for president, that doesn't make him a spokesperson at all. Before and after his presidential campaign he was just a Christian politican, not some sort of represenative for Christian values. Most people forsake the Christian philosophy for a Christian creed. You need to understand this distinction better.

Your words, not mine.

Can you please give me a synopsis of those words, because I really don't think you understood them. I'm not speaking specically about just Al Qaeda either I am speaking about all muslim extremists and their sympathizers like Pakistan.

Whats the vehicle of understanding that you use to know this god as a whole ?

I use my own experiences (my mind and my 5 senses) in relation to all external data available past and present that I have encountered.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    In the final analysis God does not want freedom for his subjects, he wants them to choose to do things his way or die.

No human has ever escaped death, therefore death is a part of life. However there are lots of spiritual ideas out there where we eventually completely transcend death which is a nice hope to have. This is something I beleive was always planned from the start.

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Can you please give me a synopsis of those words, because I really don't think you understood them.

Sure. Although I copied and pasted your words in my last post, I'm more than happy to do so again.

The only way to interface with the east is to become a more spiritual nation, not less.

This is fanaticism and I contend that answering fanaticism with fanaticism is an exercise in futility. Not only futility, but it's a sure way to never have a resolution, which ensures a bloody debacle - like we're seeing now.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    This is fanaticism and I contend that answering fanaticism with fanaticism is an exercise in futility. Not only futility, but it's a sure way to never have a resolution, which ensures a bloody debacle - like we're seeing now.

How would you define my use of the word "spiritual" in the sentence in question?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

I really like Wikipedia's definition:

Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality; an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the "deepest values and meanings by which people live." Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intended to develop an individual's inner life; spiritual experience includes that of connectedness with a larger reality, yielding a more comprehensive self; with other individuals or the human community; with nature or the cosmos; or with the divine realm. Spirituality is often experienced as a source of inspiration or orientation in life. It can encompass belief in immaterial realities or experiences of the immanent or transcendent nature of the world.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

It's not propoganda Sab, it's facts.

I didn't say he was a spokeshole, but to be fair you have to ask yourself the question; what teachings from the bible led him to take such a position? He is an example of what happens when someoene tries to follow the confusing teachings of the bible to make this country as you put it "a more spiritual nation". Who really is the arbiter, enforcer and authority of the correct version of Christianity today?

Do you see how slippery of a slope this really is? This same tired pattern has gone on, in circles for the last 2,000 years.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I didn't say he was a spokeshole, but to be fair you have to ask yourself the question; what teachings from the bible led him to take such a position? He is an example of what happens when someoene tries to follow the confusing teachings of the bible to make this country as you put it "a more spiritual nation". Who really is the arbiter, enforcer and authority of the correct version of Christianity today?

The word of God is Christ, not the Bible so you are just exposing yourself as ignorant to the facts of Christian philosophy, which is what I originally suspected.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit