Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Indeed I do---through reason. Why is this threatening to you? Do not missionaries and preachers work toward a world that they find refreshing: everyone believing? I wouldn't force anyone to do things my way---shall we look at the history of religion in this area? I DO NOT want believers 'gone' because as usual you are using violent rhetoric and this somehow suggests that I would 'remove' believers. Stop being hyperbolic. My goal is to just use reason, protect education, and if some believers can be convinced to look at things a new way--they technically are not GONE, but don't believe anymore.

It's not hyberbole it's observational. You want to kill God, you justify this by saying he doesn't exist. You are only one person so you are not going to try to "remove" all believers by force you use a more subtle approach: through the educational system. You want the US to be China apparently, an atheist state. I wouldn't mind an atheist president, but an atheist state will cause nothing but pain and suffering for all. You must turn to God for help, not anywhere else.

SO--by your reasoning, you WERE bullying me, and someone stepped up and said it was not nice, and that is gang activity? What is the opposite of gang activity? To stand by silently and say nothing while witnessing bullying? You are not reasonable Sab. Are you doing okay? You really do seem paranoid to me. And for the record----if you were bullying me---it wasn't working. I didn't care, but found it amusing.

If I bullied someone else for another reason outside of a beleiver non believer debate bohm would have been no where to be found. He has special interest in this topic and when believers get out of hand. It's one of the "atheist points" that believers can't control their emotions. AGENDA! Sheesh, at least admit it for someone who preaches intellectual honesty. I dind't bully for a reason I bullied because of an emotional reaction to your disgusting world view on most of Earth's population. You and I are no better than the witch burners. We are subject to cultureal arm twisting just like they were. As in every culture standing up for what is right will get you extremely reprimanded if not just killed. It's truly deplorable to me that you say you preach truth and you include the non existence of God or any creator at all. You have no answers for anything. You are so at peace within your own mind, but at what cost? That doesn't matter to you, all that matters is meeting your bullcrap definition of intellectual honesty so the world can become a utopia without the idea of God and a purpose outside our own miserble lives.

I know I am an evil atheist, but I would be irresponsible if I didn't say that you seem to be processing information in a somewhat disturbing way. I see a lot of paranoia. It's kind of over-the-top at times. Like the idea that I somehow forced you to insult me so that I could later use it against you. I do let you talk, that if for sure, but forcing you to insult me? That's reaching a bit. Your odd persecution complex is disturbing too. If I voice my opinion and disagree, suddenly I'm trying to remove believers. This is not balanced.

You don't even see the misrepresentation... it's baffling to me. I never said you forced me to act that way, I said that I am an emotional person and that when someone I love, like God, is being attacked I come to his defense and I will likely get emotional. I appoligzed for calling you evil and you have not accepted it because you love being called evil, it proves your intellectual honesty. It's like you get some high off it or something.

I don't know if you are getting help, but you could consider it. I almost never say things like this, and I'm not one to call believers delusional or stupid, or whatever----but Sab, there does seem to be something going on here. I am NOT blaming your belief on mental illness or anything like that---but you have said some disturbing things and I hope you reach out for some help.

I guess this is the end of the conversation. Just understand that when you attack God, you better be ready for a fight because their are still people who will in his honor. The video in the OP is disgusting, utterly disgusting and anyone who thinks it's profound I pity. Good day, I'll check myself into the doctor and tell him I can't stop defending God and getting pissed off when people insist that he is a monster. There must be something wrong with me.

-Sab

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing you need to work on Sab is that all gods expressed throughout human history by virtue of human imagination either in ancient times or

ones imagined comparatively recent by African tribes, are all manifestations of imagination fostered upon human ignorance.

They were a needed and necessary answer to the many unknowns which prevailed within these cultural civilizations.

The bible is full of stories by the ancient Hebrews of their god, stories told to create a semblance of power and relevance to their god Yahweh.

Defend god Yahweh if you will, but what your only really doing is defending stories, in a era of human history which has gained so much more knowledge

of the world we live in and about ourself, the exact same world that the ancient Hebrews once lived in thousands of years ago.

This video goes into an analyzing the story of Yahweh, just for Sab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jClyinERY&feature=relmfu

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The bible is full of stories by the ancient Hebrews of their god, stories told to create a semblance of power and relevance to their god Yahweh.

I am not defending YHWH, I am defending the One True God which is what YHWH is supposed to represent. You'll never hear me defending the stories of the Bible as literal historical accounts. The book was written down to be a historical record, but moral education was more important than the details of history to ancient historians. The stories are tied to real people and real events, but those have been largely lost in time. It's good that we have the scientific community to give us the real historical picture which is so imporant to have. However the myths were written down for a very specific purpose and need to be defended as spiritually legitimate and timeless. I praise the atheists for exposing hypocrisy, but as in all human circumstance we are all susepct to certain hypocrisy and for the atheists it's trying to replace God with reason. It won't work, they will have to kill the religionists before they will be "educated." Calling them savages is not an observation, it's a justification. They must find a way to validate spirituality, or at the very least back off of it, or perish in a puddle of their own bigotry.

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

It won't work, they will have to kill the religionists before they will be "educated." Calling them savages is not an observation, it's a justification. They must find a way to validate spirituality, or at the very least back off of it, or perish in a puddle of their own bigotry.

**patiently waits for Sab to realize how frightfully paranoid this sounds**

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is Sab afraid or paranoid of being ostracized perhaps by his family in proclaiming himself an atheist ?

I'm surmising that the JWS have put a surmountable enough fear of Yahweh and the soon to come Armageddon that

Sab. doesn't have the intellectual strength instilled within himself yet to come out and say he never existed. ????

I mean there's nothing worst than an atheist after all, they are truly evil people and are worthy of being killed.

Isn't that true Sab ?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I mean there's nothing worst than an atheist after all, they are truly evil people and are worthy of being killed.

Isn't that true Sab ?

I don't believe that in the slightest. I don't judge based off personal philosophy I judge based off actions and motives. If an atheist is using their newfound enlightenment to wage war on God, even with reason (reason is always used for slaughtering innocent people), then I find that ethically reprehensible and an addition to the world's problem rather than a solution.

**patiently waits for Sab to realize how frightfully paranoid this sounds**

Every time we have a war with the middle east my country goes into an uproar when that part of the world is huge and wants us dead. They like that we buy their oil, but they would prefer us dead, why? Because our cultures have women in bikinis. Because we have freedom and they hate freedom because it's very hard to manage especially coming from a totalitarian background. The middle east, and China for that matter, take order over security which has always been the case. America and Canada are special and safe haven's for people like you and I. If atheism could permeate the Third World and solve it's problems it would have already. Giving up God is not the answer and will continue bloodshed, not mitigate it. Why is this paranoid Poopsie? Have you been watching the news? The most powerful country in the world right now is trembling in ecnomic recession and it's two dominant politcal parties cannot agree on whether water is wet or not. I'm scared, not paranoid, there is a difference. Ten years ago they killed 3,000 of my people and they want more, lots more and they are going to die trying to kill me because of who I am.

The only way to interface with the east is to become a more spiritual nation, not less. Luckily, we have a lot of voters who still beleive in Christian philosophy and have not succumbed the atheist propaganda. I showed my little brother an atheist video and it made him turn white. I can handle the God hate, but some people just truly can't. Does that mean that I am better than my little brother? NO! It means that he doesn't like people defaming even the idea of God, so much so that it makes him want to hide under his blankets. It's so blasphemous to openly call God a monster which many people are frightened of hearing. I have come to the realization that many people do not make a distiction between their person and their faith. Therefore, insisting that faith is a disease will cause bloodshed in the end, I'm sure of it. Again I'm not being paranoid, those crazy religious f*ckers are for real. It's naive to sit in our free countries and believe otherwise. We need diplomacy with God, not war with him.

-Sab

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So who is the one true god that you supposedly stand in support of Sab ?

Since you constantly quote from the bible one would assume its YHWH of the ancient Hebrews.

There are 2 + billion people on this planet that say that the one true god is another god than YHWH.

A mater fact they proclaim that anyone who doesn't worship their god is worthy to be put to death in doing so.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Every time we have a war with the middle east my country goes into an uproar when that part of the world is huge and wants us dead . They like that we buy their oil, but they would prefer us dead, why? Because our cultures have women in bikinis. Because we have freedom and they hate freedom because it's very hard to manage especially coming from a totalitarian background.

THIS is why you think the governments of these countries want to war with the US? You really have been drinking the fear kool aid. No wonder you're desperately turning to a deity. And no, becoming even more fanatical than they are is not the solution, Sab. Think about it.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So who is the one true god that you supposedly stand in support of Sab ?

I stand for what the name YHWH represents. The Great Spirit, the First and the Last. I have already mentioned this.

THIS is why you think the governments of these countries want to war with the US? You really have been drinking the fear kool aid. No wonder you're desperately turning to a deity. And no, becoming even more fanatical than they are is not the solution, Sab. Think about it.

Your statement gives no consolation. What's the "true" purpose of their wanting to war with us then? Money gives power OVER PEOPLE. Without people there is nothing to rule. Those people, according to middle eastern philosophy, are required to be a certain shade or else they are called infidels and are worthy of death. Seriously are you just going to discount me and call me fanatical? If so, it's not a very compelling conversation.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    The only way to interface with the east is to become a more spiritual nation, not less.

Sab - I don't think the crusades worked out so well, when the west thought God to be on their side was at its zenith. And please don't insult our intelligence by thanking Christianity for women in bikini's and freedom. Christianity does not equate to freedom, and hasn't over the last two mellenia. As an example of what modern day Christianity would impose - Rick Santorum (a Christian) wanted to censor the internet. Christianity when followed to the letter, leaves just a moderate margin of freedom more than Islam does.

You can attribute freedom to those pilgrims/free masons who escaped the church of England, and wisely decided to have separation of church and state. That is the primary reason we are permitted these freedoms in this day and age.

In the final analysis God does not want freedom for his subjects, he wants them to choose to do things his way or die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit