Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Personal attacks aside...I thought you might say that. Sab, The last time I checked Christ isn't here, and he's not doing anything by way of practical instruction or help, and there is no proof to the contrary. If it weren't for the bible you probably would not even know who Christ is...think about it. It's interesting to see how your willing to dismiss the bible though.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    The word of God is Christ, not the Bible

Hmmmmmm!!!!! Can you show me other ancient writings that talk about Christ?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

He is referring to John 1:1; when really that passage means that Jesus is the spokes person for god, his ambassador if you will. I really don't want to get into a trinity debate though , those are so boring.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Personal attacks aside...I thought you might say that. Sab, The last time I checked Christ isn't here, and he's not anything by way of practical instruction, and there is no proof to the contrary. If it weren't for the bible you probably would not even know who Christ is...think about it. It's interesting to see how your willing to dismiss the bible though.

Yes and when Christ died he became a spirit and the Mediator of which at any time any human being could become part of his flock. Therefore the word of God is a spirit not a man.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Hmmmmmm!!!!! Can you show me other ancient writings that talk about Christ?

If you were a historian back then would you want to contradict the Bible as a historical account? Have you read about the Christian's of old? They make Al Qaeda look like Santa's elves. Bart Ehrman did a good article on the historical probability of Jesus Christ.

One may well choose to resonate with the concerns of our modern and post-modern cultural despisers of established religion (or not). But surely the best way to promote any such agenda is not to deny what virtually every sane historian on the planet -- Christian, Jewish, Muslim, pagan, agnostic, atheist, what have you -- has come to conclude based on a range of compelling historical evidence. - Bart D Ehrman

-Sab

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Yes and when Christ died he became a spirit and the Mediator of which at any time any human being could become part of his flock. Therefore the word of God isa spirit not a man.

Where's your proof of this supernatural feat!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Where's your proof of this supernatural feat!

Mere mortals can't proove the spiritual realm in the physical realm, you can only abide in it or not.

-Sab

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sab, says .... I use my own experiences (my mind and my 5 senses) in relation to all external data available

Then he says that God is the word of Christ and not the bible.

Two contravening statements.

Even more interesting since you constantly quote bible Scriptures.

I'm beginning to think your suffering from a form of bi-polar disorder.

You've said in the past that your been diagnosed with a slight mental problem is this the diagnosis your Doctor came up with ?

Not trying to be vindictive or belittling .

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Even more interesting since you constantly quote bible Scriptures.

When I quote scriptures I am using the philosophy of the Bible to make a point. I don't use the Bible as some sort of authority. However it is where Christian philosophy was written down and it's very important because of that.

I'm beginning to think your suffering from a form of bi-polar disorder.

I do suffer from that disorder and was dianosed a while back. However my use of scriptures was not mentioned by the doctor in his prognosis.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Sab, says .... I use my own experiences (my mind and my 5 senses) in relation to all external data available

Then he says that God is the word of Christ and not the bible.

The Bible is external data and I take it into account, I don't understand your point.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit