Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

And I realized that I spelled 'addendum' incorrectly in my post above and fixed it. Care to comment on that? LOL

• bohm
    bohm

sab: I don't speak against the scientific method, I speak against the people who seem to worship it and don't even follow it completely. They use it to warp truth and amass power and wealth. Sound familar?

yes, you are basically describing how creationists warp science to suit their needs.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Are you drinking or something? That people in some countries burn scientifc books hardly impair your ability to educate yourself because you do not live in such a country. The only thing stopping you is that you are to lazy to read the relevant litterature; i dont blame you there, but that you use that as an argument that science is corrupt (why? by trying to educate people on stellar fusion? oh the humanity!) is clearly very silly.

My argument that science is corrupt is in the fact that they consider themselves a single entity who have amassed an incredible amount of power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The empire isn't Barack Obama, it's the scientific community. Is the little red hen going to give us the bread they baked? Or will you let us all die of thirst when you finally discover the fountain of youth?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And I realized that I spelled 'addendum' incorrectly in my post above and fixed it. Care to comment on that? LOL

I suck at grammar. Do you have an example of when you used a capital G when God wasn't the first word in a sentence?

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Doesn't God have absolute power?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    yes, you are basically describing how creationists warp science to suit their needs.

Mmm hmm and the scientific community, as in the people, is immune to this phenomenon...

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Doesn't God have absolute power?

Well I'm actually not sure on that. My gut says he does have absolute power because he has a failsafe switch, but even I live by rules I set myself. I am against making my bed for instance.

-Sab

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    I might rather burn alive then rot in prison all my life and getting raped by bubba. Do you think it's humane to lock people up like dogs and at the tax payers expense in a recession where our country debt is astronomical?

Hmmm..... so instead of a better alternative to either of these, I should just be happyfied to get cooked, or get bonked by bubba (racial slur, btw)?

I think you've deflected and failed to address the point. You asked "Here's a question: was burning anyone at the stake for any reason ever the right thing to do?" (past tense)

As a capital punishment, as a form of execution, NO. The only reason any government would/did use such a method is/was to induce fear and avoid a challenge to said government, and that, IMO, is not the right thing to do.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Do you have an example of when you used a capital G when God wasn't the first word in a sentence?

yes, page 16 post 4140 in this very thread when referring to YOUR God.

And there...I did it again.

• bohm
    bohm

New Chapter: for the love of god dont burn the bible!

I think we should use Origin of Species and several copies of Einsteins "on the motion of electrically charged particles in fields" to get the baby-barbeque started. Personally i am going to bring along several of Diracs later works and as much on stellar fusion i can find.

Because we all know - burning and supressing scientific litterature is the only way for science to become sufficiently corrupt to really surpress the masses. Ofcourse i just realized all journals are avaliable on the internet, so i suppose i have to download some work on the shell-theory of the sun on a USB drive so we can burn that as well. I suppose we can use it instead of the apple for the babies mouth.

delicious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit