Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

So, when one peers into their religious philosophy we see similarities between all of them. It's those similarities that lead me to believe there is a single source of them all.
    Agreed. One source... diluted, knowledge forgotten and changed; and sometimes manipulated or abused over time... but one source that shows the similarities and universal truths between different cultures and faiths.

Peace,

tammy

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Through men and women of honor. Is that simple enough?

Accepted. You gave me a straightforward answer.

I don't beleive God ignores whole civilizations. So, when one peers into their religious philosophy we see similarities between all of them. It's those similarities that lead me to believe there is a single source of them all. Atheists call it human imagination, which I agree, but I believe human imagination is connected to the world of God rather than merely a product of evolution. Proving all religion true is about as hard as proving them all false.

Hmmm.... like for example eating the flesh and blood of Christ = cannibalism seen in primitive tribes? Yes, I do believe I see the universal connection there...

If there is a single source, why do religions then claim they alone are the truth and that sometimes, according to them, they are to wipe out all other religions because God said so?

Also, you're kind of going off on a tangent. Like I said, there is no one belief I can hold you accountable for. You just believe something one minute, and then your imagination takes hold and uses a deus ex machina to resolve the glaring contradiction.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Sab - please, don't feel like you have to respond to me, by all means help us understand! My comments are more rhetorical at this point of the thread.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - please, don't feel like you have to respond to me, by all means help us understand! My comments are more rhetorical at this point of the thread.

You keep addressing me though which makes me want to respond.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    You keep addressing me though which makes me want to respond.

I know...it's so confusing isn't it?

• still thinking
    still thinking

....so what is the similarity in the goddess that by the way is older than your god?

The only similarity I can see throughout history, is that humans have felt the need to explain the unexplained and a need to believe there is something after death because we don't want to let go of life. But there is no evidence that any of it is truth.

Maybe belief was simply the precursor to science....the enquiring mind thinking of possibilities.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If there is a single source, why do religions then claim they alone are the truth and that sometimes, according to them, they are to wipe out all other religions because God said so?

God allows his chosen people to become corrupt, he doesn't shield them from themselves. Once a creed decides they are the only truth God is probably packing his bags and scoping out his next peeps. In fact it could be said that the Devil has taken them at that point which is God repellent. The Devil, for all intents and purposes is the Human Super Ego.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    ....so what is the similarity in the goddess that by the way is older than your god?

The sun is much older than 35,000 years.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    The sun is much older than 35,000 years.

Well, Thor is as old as lightning! You just can't handle the troof can you?

• still thinking
    still thinking

so why did they change from goddess to god? Why didn't they just worship god in the first place? They didn't worship the sun first, they worshipped the goddess...didn't god get his message across properly to begin with?

Looking at that goddess maybe they worshipped sex....not god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit