Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Sab - who is the authority to say that we are doing things in the right mold of god? This is absolutely ridiculous. we all might as well be living in Iran, if this is how it's supposed to be.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Thank you Sab, this has been very enlightening. I have never before felt better about making a decision to leave religion and forget about god.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab what if my god is Thor?

It isn't, if you can find me someone who believes in Thor I will talk to them.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Thank you Sab, this has been very enlightening. I have never before felt better about making a decision to leave religion and forget about god.

Lol, glad I could help.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Silence is consent. I guess the fact that none of the other religious believers commented on Sabs interpretations means they probably agree. Religion and god - what a fuster cluck. I think we'll do just fine without it.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    if you can find me someone who believes in Thor I will talk to them.

Here you go, let us know how that conversation goes.

elderelite

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Here you go, let us know how that conversation goes.

Lol, EE? You never know with that guy.

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Was Buddha blessed by god and enlightened?..still thinking
    Perhaps. That is a judgment call that I am not qualified to make....tec

but you are qualified to make a judgement that Jesus was?

Not as far as I understand. Christ learned from His Father....tec

The teachings of Buddha about God have to be taken within the context of the culture of his day. Buddha grew up and became enlightened in India. Even though this event happened approximately 2,500 years ago, the religious thought of his day was already ancient. The original religion of the Indus people was Brahman worship. This is confirmed in the Vedas.

Brahma - The CreatorBrahma is considered as the first god of the Hindu Trinity, the other being Vishnu and Shiva. Lord Brahma is recognized as the creator of the Universe. Brahma is regarded as the Supreme Being, the god of gods. Lord Brahma is the originator and the generator of the mankind. Brahma symbolizes the universal mind, as creation is the work of the mind and the intellect. If we consider this, from an individual's point, Brahma represents one's own mind and intellect. As an individual is god gifted with the mind and intellect, then it may be assumed that a person has already attained Brahma.

vedic hinduism has been traced archaeologically back to around 2500bce, and was already a highly developed religion at the time. astrological observations recorded in the vedas date back over 5000 years. the indo-european pagan religions originated from vedic hinduism, so can be traced back that far as well, and all of them have very strong links to cult images depicted in caves 12000 years old.

Was this belief of Buddhas from an older source than Judaism?

• tec
    tec

Silence is consent

Since when? Sometimes I just absorb things that are shared without comment and mull them over - neither agreeing or disagreeing, especially when I have heard nothing about something being shared... or when something does not go against Christ or God, and might also be part of a learning process, or help someone else consider something in a new light. Hell, I have learned that oftentimes what we think is a conflict actually just has a missing piece of information that forms the bridge between two seemingly conflicting ideas.

Silence is also sometimes disagreement.

But guess what? People of faith can disagree on any number of minor things that they do not understand fully (which is a lot).

Christ said that people will know who belongs to Him by the love they show among them. Forgiveness, mercy, love and faith... these are more important that uniformity of belief.

Peace,

tammy

• sabastious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit