What apostates fail to recognize is...

by nananana 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey nananana!

I seriously believe you'll never be able to get through the above list without a change in attitude: "I'm right no matter how wrong I am".

Should such a miracle happen, praise Jah, iow Hallelujah!

Then you should be able to answer this question truthfully from the Bible:

When Jesus was on earth did he lead people to or away from the congregation elders and governing body.

Remember to stay honest on this one, no matter how hard you may find "the truth" to digest. Jesus was born a Jew and died a faithful Jew. He was not a Christian. He still is not a so called "Christian" (follower of Christ).

• Jumba123
    Jumba123

Hi :)
    Matthews 24 14 (NIV) states :'' ..and this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations and then the end will come''
    Correct me if I'm wrong but many non-jw christians preach the gospel of the kingdom of God, we may not go door to door or hand out magazines saying that armageddon is near as often as witnesses do..but we do preach the kingdom of God.
    And yeah I do agree that the end is near, we are closer to the end now then when i started writing this message, each second that passes us by brings us closer to the end. we should be prepared but should we really be afraid? If you are serving God in spirit and in truth and following his ways should we really be afraid?
    Matthews 24 36 tells us that noone knows the day or the hour only God the father, verse 44 then goes on to say that jesus (the son of man) is coming at an hour that we do not expect.
    As much as we want to know or try to predict the second coming of Jesus, the truth is noone knows and noone will know until that day actually arrives when we see him coming on a cloud!
    Jesus also tell us not to be troubled and that these things ( the signs he pointed out in matthews 24) must come to pass but the end is not YET.

Look I'm ranting a little bit (lol)
    I know that Most if not all (?) JW's mean well but can you not see the damage that this organization is doing to many? Yes I do believe that the Devil is a liar and he tries to decieve many and tries to take people away from the truth but instead of labelling people and making them an ''outcast'' shouldn't you show mercy and love? Shouldn't We let Gods love shine through us?

If these ''apostates'' have commited a grave offense by no longer believing what the organization believes/preaches and are lost and consumed with sin or what have you, then don't you think that you should love them deeply anyways? 1 peter 4:8 tells us that love covers a multitude of sin
    and oh remember, you can do great things but if you have not love...you are nothing.

Now, I know that there are many other denominations under the christian umbrella other than the JW's that practice things that are not really loving or God-like but at the end of the day your organization or denomination will not save you, When jesus returns to judge us which he will, he will not gather all the JW's and put them in one corner and catholics in the other etc and then judge you guys as a group, you will be held accountable for your own actions. People (leaders and what not) who mislead others may get punished a little bit more for misleading people who knows but remember 2 corinthians 5: 10 my friends :)

Oh Dear, I've rambled on more than I wanted to, forgive me I tend to get a little bit too excited at times (okay a lot of the times)and go of topic
    All this thinking has made me hungry

Have a good weekend all!

Love JUMBA

• cantleave
    cantleave

"This good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited Earth and then the end will come" - this must be JW convention if you are right.........

• garyneal
    garyneal
    In summary, as we learned in this week's Bible study Acts 18:6 "Let your blood be upon your own heads. I am clean."

Yawn... If this don't sound like the stuff my wife says as she is walking off trying to avoid any deep thinking. Don't waste your time, this person is not listening.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The success and magnitude, hmmmmm. . .

China, India much of the "Middle East" (in other words billions of people) - virtually untouched. . .

How many hours to baptize a publisher? 5 or 6k+?

Go to a street corner with a clipboard and ask whoever is passing "What is the message Jehovah's Witnesses are preaching?"

You know, you're right: no one else is doing what JWs are doing - not a whole hell of a lot!

See you at Starbuck's

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

What jehovah's Witnesses fail to realize is that claiming statistical proof is no proof at all. Remember, YOU are claiming statistical proof so:

Nananana, please do some research. You will find several interesting statistical things... several other religions are doing much more effective preaching of their message than JWs ever have. (remember, its not the message but the effort and results you are claiming as proof)

Several other second adventist religions are far more populous and growing far faster too. (yes you are in a second adventist religion)

preaching for billions of hours for 130 years and the end result is that % wise, most of the earths population has no idea who Jehovah's Witnesses are, is not proof of you fullfilling prophecy.

And those countries where you are more commonly known, most people do not still know what you believe, only what you don't...thats not a sucessful preaching campaign either.

and....Even IF your message was right, 99 other points about the religion scream not the true religion.

You may convince yourself, you may feel justified trying to slay apostates, but you won't convince any here. Your argument does not hold water.

Oz

• Black Sheep
  • carla
    carla

She herself must be on her way out if she is posting on a known apostate site even after the wt has told jw's not to.

• moshe
    moshe

Well, he is right- In that JWs have bought into the WT dogma that they can all cheat death and go straight into an Earthly paradise, while the other 99.9% of the world gets destroyed at Armageddon- as long as a JW wants to believe this, they will stick to the WT Org like a tick on a dog's back and never consider that they could be making a mistake about trusting the Governing Body rulers who have extended the 1914 generation into infinity-

And I'm Jewish- ask any Rabbi why Jews accept blood transfusions- Well, you won't find the answer to that question in the WT CD- nay, they hope you don't even ponder the possibilty that their no-blood dogma is flawed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's a great example of how reasoning from the stage to an unquestioning audience, stands up to scrutiny. You will see that apostates are characterized - our dear poster assumes "apostates" are in the audience - and based on that false premise, believes we are to be shaking in our boots at the conclusion. You would think so considering the well-timed and carefully paced arguments from the platform.

I really shook my husband up last night. I am finishing Plato's Republic and I came across concepts like running the race and the judgement seat with two destinies. I quoted them and asked where he heard those concepts before. I then casually mentioned that Plato lived four hundred years before Christ. Hubby had to shout to get my voice out of his head. He ranted about Plato; could he promise eternal life? I replied that Plato was only human; he never promised to be divine.

But isn't it interesting that the same author who said that all scripture is useful for instruction, is quoting concepts from an outside source that the WTBTS decries? I asked, is only the bible divine and useful for instruction? If Paul could quote Plato, why can't we? I asked, were those words inspired of God or from Plato?

It took a long, long time for hubby to calm down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit