poopsiecakes

For Mrs. Jones :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ty Poopsie

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"...you cannot ignore the obvious fulfillment of Matthew 24:14."

Really? Do you mean that Matt. 24:14 "...and then the end will come." has had it's obvious fulfillment?

Because when I look around, I don't see the panda-petting paradise populated by a few million J-dubs. Nope, don't see the end that WT has been prophecying. I do, however, see the end of Watchtower branches in Ireland, New Zealand, Spain, and on and on, even the end of Watchtower in Brooklyn!

Is it the end of Watchtower Corporation that you're talking about as having obvious fulfillment nananana? That would certainly be good news!

• extractor
    extractor

The VAST majority of humans on this planet have no clue what the heck a "Jehovah's Witness" is or what message they bring.

Spreading the message to the whole world? = Epic Fail

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

If you want a biblical prophecy clearly pointing to the Watchtower organization, read Matthew 24:23-25

If anyone says to you then, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!' or, ‘There he is!' do not believe it. False messiahs and false prophets will arise, and they will perform signs and wonders so great as to deceive, if that were possible, even the elect. Behold, I have told it to you beforehand.

• Borges
    Borges

Prof. John Gray from the London School aof Economics published in 2007 his book: "Black Mass. Apocalyptic Religion and the Death of Utopia" (very good book indeed). He's taking a lot about millenaric and apocalyptic movements and religions in the USA in the 19th und 20th century. But no mention of Russel, JW or the WBTS.

Why? Bad research of the author? No. It is just because Jehovahs Wittnesses are a small and absolutley unimportant group with no impact on the religious thinking in this world at all. If they would disapear today, they would be forgotten tomorrow.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Nanana, allow me to show you Matt. 24:14 from a different perspective. Please follow the Prophetic Timeline based on WT theology (I would be worried if I were you):

NWT Mark 13:10 Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first.

NWT Matthew 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

w95 9/1 16

Looking forward especially to our time, Jesus said: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10) Has this prophecy been fulfilled? Indeed, it has. From a small start in 1919, the preaching of the good news has now been extended to more than 230 countries. The witness is heard in the frozen North and in the steaming tropics. Large continents are covered, and remote islands are sought out so that their inhabitants can receive a witness.

Prophetic fulfillment: 1919 – 1991

Disgusting Thing Causing Desolation

NWT Matthew 24:15 Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,)

NWT Mark 13:14a However, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation standing where it ought not (let the reader use discernment),

World Government (1977) go, chap. 9, p. 152, par. 9: “The “Sign” of Imminence of the World Government”:

We have also observed the “placing of the disgusting thing that is causing desolation” in the ‘setting up’ of a man-made substitute for God’s Messianic kingdom, namely, the League of Nations, in 1919, and its successor, the United Nations, in 1945. (Matthew 24:4-15; Daniel 12:11)

w99 5/1 p. 17 par. 16 “Let the Reader Use Discernment”

Since the start of the great tribulation is yet future, is the “standing in a holy place” still ahead of us? Evidently so. While “the disgusting thing” made its appearance early in this century and has, thus, existed for decades, it will take a position in a unique way “in a holy place” in the near future.

Disgusting Thing Taking Up A Unique Position

When did “the disgusting thing causing desolation” take up a unique position?

To see this, one needs discernment. Not all will see it. On 8 October 2001 the UK-based newspaper The Guardian broke the story of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York enjoying associate member status of the UN’s Department of Information. Commenting on the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York having been a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) of the UN DPI, Paul Hoeffel, Chief of the NGO section of the Department of Information, reports: “This organization applied for association with DPI in 1991 and was granted association in 1992. By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meet criteria associated with DPI, including support and respect of the principles of the Charter of the United Nations and commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities.” True to this mandate, a number of articles were published, espousing the virtues of the disgusting thing causing desolation, e.g., Awake! magazine of 22 July 2001, published a pro-UN article on “Volunteerism!”

Prophetic fulfilment: 1992 – 2001

Time to Flee

NWT Matthew 24:16 then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the mountains.

NWT Mark 13:14b then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the mountains.

There is great trouble in store for those calling themselves God’s people, especially anointed ones. Read scriptures like Ez. 38, 39; Dan. 8:13, 14; 11:40-45; 12:7; Zech. 13:8-14:5; Rev. 11:7, 8. Jesus warned: When one catches sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, “standing in a holy place”, “standing where it ought not”, then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the mountains (cf. Matt. 24:15; Mark 13:14). Here i t should be noted that while the fulfillment of Jesus’ words in 66-70 CE can help us to understand how they will be fulfilled at the great tribulation, the two fulfillments cannot be exactly parallel because the fulfillments occur against different backdrops (see w99 5/1 19, 20).

What mountains would Jesus be referring to? These cannot be “the mountains of Israel”, because these are going to be invaded (cf. Ezek. 38:8, 16, 18, 21; 39:4). This can only point to the mountains, mentioned by the prophet Zechariah (14:4, 5), more specifically to the valley formed between those two mountains (cf. Is. 26:20, 21) .

Prophetic fulfilment: 2002 –

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Branches closing down, Gilead scaled back, bethelites let go, meetings shortened and dropped, magazines cut. Jehovah sure is speeding up the work in this time of the end.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey nananana!

Please hit us up with your best definition of of these Christianity 101 concepts, from the heart, no cut and paste:

1. the "kingdom" (in one sentence)
    2. the "good news" (in one word, one sentence, one paragraph)
    3. proselytising (in one sentence)
    4. evangelising (in one sentence)
    5. religion (in one sentence)
    6. legalism (in one sentence)
    7. moralism (in one sentence)
    8. ethnocentrism (in one sentence)
    9. Gnosticism (in one sentence)
    10. prophesy (in one word)
    11. prophet (in one word)
    12. apostasy or heresy (in one phrase)
    13. "The anointed" in the New Covenant scriptures (in one or two sentences)
    14. The "good news" according to Paul (in one paragraph)
    15. The "good news" according to Moses (in one paragraph)
    16. The "good news" according to Isaiah (in one paragraph)
    17. The "good news" according to Psalms (in one paragraph)
    18. How to identify the counterfeit "good news" Paul warned against (in one paragraph)

Please would you comment on any difficulties you as a "publisher of the good news" experience in answering these very simple questions which all relate to your post and to Matt 24:14. Please let us know if you experience any "cognitive dissonance", that is to say if you even know what that is.

If you do not know what the "good news" is how can you be publishing it?

If you do not know what apostasy, legalism, moralism, ethnocentrism and Gnosticism are, how do you know you are not guilty of them?

I know I'm probably wasting my time and will either never hear from you again, or fail to get simple, honest, true and accurate answers for these simple questions. If I am right please have a serious talk to yourself and ask yourself why.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL Mrs Jones.........sad little banana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit