What apostates fail to recognize is...

by nananana 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Not sure if this was covered, but the catholic church did a preaching work in the spreading of christianity accross europe, the americas and asia that has never been rivaled, even by the protestant. Basically, the catholic church is responsible for making christianity one of the main world religions. Heck, if they hadn't, we wouldn't be arguing about the wt, because the wt org would have existed.

S

Ps, the protestants are breakaways from the catholics.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks to rutherford, the jehovahs witnesses are breakaways from the bible students, who are breakways from the adventist movement (william miller, a baptist), which is a breakaway from protestantism.

S

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

satanus, this would be some great theme music for your posts lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaARDsiJv4

immediately popped in my head when i saw your screenname :P

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am sorry I missed this thread. When I made the decision to leave what I learned through a lifetime of indoctrination in jehovah's organization, I quit praying.

Do you know what happened? .... nothing.

It was as if god was not really concerned with me as a person in pain. In a transition that was long, painful, and expensive I have emerged doing better than just fine.

The next time you talk to god, let him know that I am doing very well. And, thanks for nothing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

My name. It is latinized, isn't it. Dramatic music. The lyric is strong stuff.

S

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

you can pretend to be Witnesses and come to the conventions and meetings

Ewe...who would ever PRETEND to be a Witness? I don't know anyone that does that...

• Heaven
    Heaven

The next time you talk to god, let him know that I am doing very well. And, thanks for nothing.

Oh, this reminds me of the lyrics in 'Signs' by Five Man Electrical Band....

And the sign says "Everybody's welcome to come in and kneel down and pray."
    But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all,
    I didn't have a penny to pay.
    So I got me a pen and paper and I made up my own little sign.
    I said, "Thank you Lord for thinking about me. I'm alive and doing fine."

I find life is full of what I call 'pivotal moments'. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones because of the information and answers to questions I was given throughout my childhood. A lot of times I was left thinking .

One such moment for me was my Mom's answer to the big question that usually gets asked at some point in everyone's journey of faith. That question is "Why does God allow evil and suffering in the world?"

My Mom's answer was "Because we could not stop sinning, God has turned his back on all mankind."

Well my thoughts on this were 'Man, he's kind of a scumbag. He's turned his back on me before I was even born?! So this means even if he exists, he's not present with me/us. Then this means, my life is mine to choose the type of person I am going to be and what I am going to do with it. He's not a part of the equation.' This was the beginning of the death of my faith.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Heaven said:

'My Mom's answer was "Because we could not stop sinning, God has turned his back on all mankind."'

Kinda makes any religion pointless, doesn't it? I thought jesus' suicide was supposed to change god. Just thinking out loud, or in print:)

S

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

You guys, Nanannanaannana I think might actually just be Lett posting...aaannnd he's drunk again.

@Lett: Lett! Sober up and put your pants back on!

• EndofMysteries

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit