What Is Your Favorite Overlooked Movie?

by gilwarrior 137 Replies latest social entertainment

• Farkel
    Farkel

Abaddon,

: I swear at one point I made out the words 'rock'n'roll'!!

When my beloved parrot "Cockroach" speaks, it is crystal-clear what he is saying. Otherwise, he is just babbling in jibberish. He loves to do that, too.

Ooooops! I must go. He's giving me great "beak" right now!

Farkel, with a sparkle!

• Solace
    Solace

Scary movie- Phantazm.
    Scared me to death. All those things flying around and drilling into peoples heads, and when she looked at the open window and then rolled over to find that creepy morgue guy in bed next to her, I screamed my head off in the theater.

Romance- Somewhere in time.
    I love "Christopher". I have had a crush on him since I was a kid and he played Superman. The music is soooooo pretty.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Dave,

Fisher King, definitly. That waltz in Grand Central is so cool.

All of Terry Gilliam's flicks have some good qualities...I put all his stuff collectivly on my top list.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Local Hero By Scottish director What's His Name
    Cannery Row Not everyone's cup of tea - Nick Nolte and Debra Winger both looking hot, great sound track and photograpy of Monteray Bay
    Zero Effect With Ben Stiller...really unusual
    Ishtar I know I'm going out on a limb with this one, but for some reason, I laugh my butt of at the songs Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty are forced to sing. I think Elaine May is a genious, even if the film did go way over budget.

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

jukief, I can't believe you mentioned "Night on Earth."

It has to be one of the coolest movies I have ever seen. The movie is about five different cab rides that take place at the same in five different cities (Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Rome, and Helsinki). If anyone can get it, I suggest you rent it or buy it.

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

gilwarrior your last post made me think of the movie "What's Cooking" it is the story of a Thanksgiving meal in four different homes a Jewish American home, a Mexican-American home, a Jewish-American home and an African -American home. Their lives intertwine in unexpected ways and the film deals with sensitive subjects such as homosexuality, premarital sex, guns, gangs,adultery, and dating after divorce.Interestingly enough the films director is female and East Indian-American. I have to buy it and make my family watch it this year on turkey day.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

...any fans of "I Dismember Mamma" out there?

• Introspection
    Introspection

Falling Down and Mystery Men comes to mind..

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The first time I saw "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" scared the bageebeezz out of me.
    "Jaws" was great fun saw it 7 or 8 times at the theater. Audience always screamed when the head fell out of the boat. to funny.

Pulp Fiction

"Giant" great classic
    "Lonesome Dove" my fav mini series
    "Short Time" comedy
    "Mad House" comedy
    "Dances with Wolves"
    "Hard Times" classic Charles Bronson movie
    "Emperor of the North" great classic Ernest Borgnine Lee Marvin
    "The Bishops Wife" fav classic holiday movie Carry Grant David Niven
    "Planes Trains & Automobiles" fav modern holiday movie
    "The Exorcist" fav devil movie
    "Mimic" fav scary funny movie.
    "Star Wars" the original movie the first time seeing it. coolest
    "True Grit" fav John Wayne
    "The Cowboys" fav John Wayne
    "The Shootist" fav John Wayne
    "The Cheyenne Social Club" Henry Fonda & James Stewart
    "Cousins"
    "A Bronx Tale" fav mob movie
    "Come Back Little Sheba" fav classic dysfunctional movie

The best movie so far this year is
    "JOHN Q" GREAT movie!

"The fellow that agrees with everything you say is either a fool or he is getting ready to skin you."
    - Kin Hubbard
  • Naeblis
    Naeblis

The all time greatest movie noone saw was "The Maledictions of Buckaboo Fundelbum and the secret of the missing moon" It's a love story/slasher flick that takes place in the underground hold of the Titanic. Trapped, and rapidly freezing by the water that is invading the ship, Buckaboo and his lover Jezelda realize that they truly love each other. But will they be able to admit it before the water strangles the life out of them?? You'll have to watch to find out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit