What Is Your Favorite Overlooked Movie?

by gilwarrior 137 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

Waiting said:

Btw, Tim Robbins, was in a comedy with Martin Lawrence couple of years ago - was one of the funniest movies I ever saw. Anybody remember the name of it?

And the answer is . . . Nothing to Lose!

Hilarious!

WTBS: Quit peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
  • mommy
    mommy

WOO what a great thread!

Seeker,
    I will def watch Joe Vs Volcano again, I have to admit to thinking it was the worst film I ever saw.

Rummy,
    I can't believe you said Running on Empty! That is one of my all time favorite movies. The love this family has for each other is so wonderful, and unconditional, something I never had. Truly one of my favorite movies. The acting is not so good, but I think that makes the movie seem more lifelike.

Another good one is Violets are blue True chick flick, but any man I coerced into watching it with me loved it. Sissy Spacek is the lead actress, and I just love her.

Dave,
    HAha I was thinking as I read the firs part of your list...that is why he is such an understanding guy Fisher King is a great movie, I watched it two times in a row.
    wendy

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thanks for reminding me about Muriel's Wedding..supurb film
    Also The Ref
    Starman
    Crossing Delancy
    Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (Honestly a great movie!)

• hannibal
    hannibal

SEVEN

TOP 10 MOVIE.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I like old screwball comedies.

How about Duck Soup and Night at the Opera from the Marx Brothers? They dismantle a nation in one, and an opera in the other, with the greatest of ease!

Also the first screwball comedy It Happened One Night with Clark Gable and a foxy Claudette Colbert, from the year 1932.

And Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn star in Bringing up Baby, which was the inspiration for the later Streisand/O'Neal vehicle What's Up Doc? Grant stars as a paleontologist, and Hepburn's pet has buried his prized bone from an archaeological dig, and it gets more complicated and funny.

J.R.Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• waiting
    waiting

Thanks Pat!

Nothing to Lose was sooooooooo funny!!!!!! Shut up. Shut up.. Shut up! Shut up!! Shut up!!SHUT UP!!!!

Actually, my kids have actually had that scene before - while obviously the other person would not shut up!

Night of the Intruder - the original was better than the remake - and I thought Robert Mitchum was righteously evil looking in it.

Night of the Living Dead ranks right up there with the Reanimator, imho.

Arsnic & Old Lace with Carey Grant is good too. Used to watch it faithfully when it came on - laughed every time all the way through.

Inherit the Wind with Spencer Tracey is awesome! About the "Monkey Trial" when evolution wasn't even allowed to be mentioned in school. I believe Clarence Darrell was one of the attorneys? Anyway, based on true story.

waiting

• riz
    riz

Ed Wood and Dead Man. Both starring the illustrious and sublime Mr. Johnny Depp.

*drooling* mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

yes, please

• lurk
    lurk

The conversation

Francis Ford Coppola film starred gene hackman surveillance expert who thinks ppl he is spying on are going to be murdered .theres small part by a very young harrison ford as a gay secretary.
    psychological suspense more than anything. a classic i think..

the october man
    starred john mills as a bloke who suffers a head injury in a bus crash and is suspected of murdering a girl.old black and white

my brilliant career
    and aussie film bout a woman trying to have a career in 19 century australia

waterworld labeled a turkey in the film directory someyears ago. i dont think this film stood a chance the press killed it. but i think it was good.

• Valis
    Valis

I forgot Last Temptation of Christ, with the sound track by Dead Can Dance.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

um, Val...

Peter Gabriel did the soundtrack to Last Temptation, bud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit