What Is Your Favorite Overlooked Movie?

by gilwarrior 137 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Farkel,

...just as "Plan 9 From Outer Space" consistently gets rated as the all-time worst sci-fi movie ever made!

Only by people who haven't seen "Battlefield Earth." ::shudders:: I've seen both, and I think "Battlefield Earth" is worse. In fact, it could well be the worst movie I've ever seen.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."
    -- Professor Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone.

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Favorite overlooked movie.... Well, I'll have to list more than one.

First, I'd like to second, third, fourth or whatever number we're on "Shawshank Redemption." I watched it with my now-former girlfriend *sniff* and it was great!

Others:

"What About Bob?" Heh, I don't know how overlooked it was, but that is one seriously funny movie. Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss are in it.

"Death Becomes Her" I LOVE this movie. Wonderful dark comedy, IMO, and not just because Isabella Rosellini is so f*ing drop-dead SEXY in it. (pauses to fan herself) You'd have to see it to believe it. And even then, you probably won't.

"Bound" Again, I don't know how overlooked it was, but it was produced/written/directed by the same guys who did "The Matrix." Great storyline, lots of action of various kinds. *g* It's basically a very cool film noire centered on two gorgeous lesbians played by Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly. Oh, and the guys who wrote/produced/directed the thing had the presence of mind to consult actual lesbians on certain aspects of it.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Riz,

Ed Wood and Dead Man. Both starring the illustrious and sublime Mr. Johnny Depp.

Haven't seen Dead Man, but I actually have Ed Wood on video.

I would also like to add that Johnny Depp is one of the relatively few non-fictional men who completely kicks my hormones into overdrive!

*Rochelle.

---------

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Re: "Battlefield Earth" is worse. In fact, it could well be the worst movie I've ever seen"

Then I guess, you haven't seen Freddie Got Fingered!

• teejay
    teejay

Finding Forester

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I absolutly loved NOTHING TO LOOSE!!

WHAT ABOUT BOB was good too.
    Remember "baby steps"?

I found this thread very late in the game and I don't have time to read all six pages of posts, so please forgive me if any of these were posted before.

POINT OF NO RETURN starring,Bridget Fonda.

DROP DEAD FRED starring Phoebe Kates

PLAINES TRAINES AND AUTOMOBILES Steve Martin & John Candy

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS Steve Martin

I love movies and I could go on and on!!!!!

Ranchette

• meat pie
    meat pie

Rollerball, 70's film with James Caan,futuristic, no more wars, but rollerball fights.
    The Mechanic, forgot his name actor who was in death wish and a pretty boy called Jan something, well it was a long time ago.70's ag
    ain.
    But most unusual was 'THe boy with green hair' anti war anti racism film 40's I think.

• openminded
    openminded

Ranchette, I really need you to explain what you see in Drop Dead Fred??? A good friend loves that flick...it seems like something of a cult hit. I think it was such a waste of time and money. What am I missing here?

om

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Well, I don't know how I missed this one.....I loved The Gods Must Be Crazy! My kids still try to imitate the "clicking" sound with their tongues.

I also loved "Bound".

There was a movie I saw years ago that was done in subtitles. It was called "Windwalker". It was a Native American movie. I still love it to this day.

Suspiria--by that Italian director--Argento.

Possession--with Sam Neil and Issabella Adjani.

The Crying Game--I really loved that movie.

April

If you bury the truth under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way.--Emile Zola, J'accuse
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/171905

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

meat pie you are thinking about Charles Bronson.

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit