What Is Your Favorite Overlooked Movie?

by gilwarrior 137 Replies latest social entertainment

• Prisca
    Prisca

Pret a Porte

Based on the fashion world, had many famous models and fashion designers in it. Wasn't a big box-office hit, but I enjoyed it.

• Flip
    Flip

In keeping with a Jehovah's Witness theme, The Truman Show because the movie eerily parallels Watchtower Society methods of quarantining the individual from outside influences through deception and guilt.

Otherwise, on a lighter note, It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World a wonderful comedy that unfortunately opened during the assassination of President Kennedy.

Flip

• patio34
    patio34

Don't have a movie offhand to contribute, but want to rave about Farkel's piano contribution. Your parrot is priceless on the 2nd piece. I'm amazed at your piano playing, Farkel--it was beautiful. Thanks for putting it on here.

Pat

WTBS: Quit peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
  • think41self
    think41self

Eman, I loved Sibling Rivalry...or should have been Sibling Ribaldry ...if you had to go, what a way to go!

Princess Bride
    Man From Snowy River
    Phantom of the Paradise

Just a few

Also loved "What's Up Doc?"

think41self

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!

• Beans
    Beans

Club Paradise, a must see the ending is a little wierd but certainly rotflyao Starring Robin Williams and the SCTV crew.

Beans

• LB
    LB

I enjoyed the Clint Eastwood movie The Unforgiven and I really did enjoy O Brother Where Art Though

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

"Malena" just came out last year available on video at most hollywood video and the like. It is actually an Italian film and subtitled but very effective. It is about a young man coming of age during World War II.

"Summer Story" I believe this was British film. Late 19th century setting. Takes you back to your first love and heartbreak.

speaking of it's a "mad mad mad world" a similar film came out late last year "Rat Race" it was hilarious.

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Wow! I can't believe how many people have responded to this post! Keep up the good work guys!

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Another overlooked film I liked was "Seven Beauties." It's about an Italian playboy who is a POW in a Nazi concentration camp. He's starving to death, and he has to come up with a plan to survive. He does. By making romantic overtures to the camp commandant,who is an enormous, obese woman.

• Mozzer4Life
    Mozzer4Life

Well, it would have to be Rushmore . A quirky comedy, with excellent acting and a great script. This is one of my favorite movies, but hardly anyone has seen it! Another overlooked movie I feel is Dog Day Afternoon starring Al Pacino. Not your typical bank robbing movie. It was made in 1975, a great year to be born I might add. This movie looks like it was done in the 70's, but deals with a pretty controversial subject, homosexuality. Interesting to see Al Pacino play such a unique character.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit