IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew
    back to believing and knowing...I really want to find out how people know for sure.

Time. Any relationship takes time. Love grows, understanding grows. Remember that humans are not equal to God. God does not serve humans. God is King.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I believed that this was god speaking to me somehow, now I don't know if they were just my own thoughts and I attributed them to god.

If there were the slightest bit of doubt . . . it's not God. Our own thoughts, demons etc., are constantly warned about in the Bible. God would not leave doubt IMO . . . why would he? There is little to justify making yourself a mystery. If God ever talks to me . . . I expect him to differentiate loud and clear that these are not my own thoughts . . . and that he is not an imposter. And that by his own standards . . . "do not be misled."

I'm approachable . . . and available . . . and still waiting.

• still thinking
    still thinking

OnTheWayOut....fantastic video...thank you...I highly recommend it to others to watch if you haven't yet.

That pretty much sums up the phases I have gone through too....although, like you, at different ages, I think I was in the Santa phase for far too long....then, I had lost faith in most religions but thought that maybe there was a true one out there...then, more of a rushed version to almost no belief at all. Once I started to question the bible itself....everything else just seemed to come tumbling down.

But what if......he is calling you, and you just don't recognise it? What if we are tuning him out because of false religions doing the dirty on us. What if he/she has nothing whatsoever to do with religion?....let me guess....waiting for the phone call?....LOL...I think I might be in the box next to you...

• mP
    mP

stillthinking:

This is where I come unstuck tec...how does he speak to you? Is it a feeling? Do you hear him? Do you attribute things that happen to him?

Thank you for contributing by the way.

mP

God doesnt speak to anyone. Xianity while the largest religion on earth is still a minority compared to all others. All religious peoples believe some god speaks to some of them. Do you believe they are honestly communicating with a higher plane or are they self dellusional ?

• N.drew
    N.drew

God knows what You will do with the knowledge of God. If what you will do with the knowledge of God is not god's will then God will not come.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    sizemik....If there were the slightest bit of doubt . . . it's not God

So is this how the believers KNOW...because they do not doubt? I didn't doubt it at the time...but now, I'm not so sure.

• still thinking
    still thinking

n.drew...so is it simply a matter of being chosen or not chosen?

• still thinking
    still thinking

mP....I believed I was in communication with a hgher plane...now I think I may have been delusional.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    so is it simply a matter of being chosen or not chosen

It is wanting and being chosen. That is how is was for me. I do not know other ways. God knows who will keep wanting to know more. Is it not trust?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    But what if......he is calling you, and you just don't recognise it?

So many are so sure He called them in some way. Apparently, He can make sure you recognize it.

But if not, if He doesn't do more than enough to make sure, and it is up to you to recognize God's calling, I won't get fooled again. If I don't absolutely know it's Him, then I will live a good life without his guidance. If my good life is not enough for Him and He punishes me or withholds some reward from me, then He really is not worthy of worship. I will be glad I didn't waste this life kissing His ass just so I could spend eternity kissing His ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit