IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thank you all for your responses so far, very much appreciated. Hopefully I will be back later to see what else has been shared. If not, will check tomorrow.

Again, I hope this thread does not turn into whether or not we agree or believe in what someone else says...because I really am hoping that people can feel comfortable enough to share their beliefs without feeling condemned...I started it to get an understanding. I don't have to agree with everyone, but I would like to hear everyone.

Thanks all ...JWN rocks!!!

• cofty
    cofty

Not in my ears; more within me

See there is the problem, no actual voice at all. If its not audible to your ears there is no voice.

• cofty
    cofty

double post

• cofty
    cofty

mrquik - Scientists know much, much more about a single cell than you do and yet they all believe cells came about through an undirected process. Why do you think that is?

If you researched it you would be amazed at how much is already known about the origin of the eukaryotic cell.

A god of the gaps is no god at all.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi, mrquik

Are essentially a Deist, or do you beleive an unknowable supernatural entity without much feeling for the human family is in control?

R egards,

Star Tiger

• tec
    tec

Can you hear your own inner dialogue, Cofty? I can hear these words as I type them out... not literally in my ears, but I can still hear them.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Like some posters here I have always known God is real.

Seeing that I have always known, I don't remember how I know. I went to church and Sunday School. We celebrated Christmas, but not in a religious sense.

But I did not talk to God and God did not talk to me until a few years ago. I got baptized as a witness because I believed it was the correct way to know God.

So it is my understanding that "knowing" God is real (I agree with those who say the realness can be imagined) and knowing God is different. I believe I know God. I know what God's Name Yahweh means. I know what God likes. I know what God wants. I have come to realized that the world's problems are not easily solved along with God's perfect Justice. Since Christ has come there are many people who will not go along with the spirit of the world. It is the spirit of the world that leads the world to tribulation. Knowing God means knowing why the Bible says it is Yahweh who causes tribulation. I don't want to explain it, even if I could. I don't know if I can.

Knowing God is real of course comes before knowing God,

So what I mean is knowing God is different than knowing God is real.

• unshackled
    unshackled

What type of god?

Theism: bible/jesus/koran//mohammed/joseph smith/magic gonch/blah blah...no, I do not believe any of that tripe is real. If it is, we're all in a turkish prison shower digging our soap from the drain. (Aka, f*cked)

Deism/pandeism: maybe/maybe not..but unlikely. There is no point invoking unknowable, unprovable, fanciful ideas. We can observe the physical universe and that's all we know for now. We are here.

My nutshell: embrace the unknown and live this one life to its fullest.

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

I think; therefore I am

So why would I look to an earthly teacher when my God sits at the centre of a garden in my own mind, the font of all knowledge, willing me this way and that, moulding the clay with only one hope; that I may reach a state of equilibrium, thereby allowing my vessel to be removed from the kiln with feet of burnished bronze, rather than imploding into a void of nothingness.

Spirit and clay working together in unison, is the only way we can create an infinite, eternal, perfect state of mind, by which human beings may live forever in a paradise of our own imagining.

I believe all that that we accept to be real, is nothing more than a figment of God's own imagination and that is how it has come to be.

Peace, love & thoughts Wizz

• cofty
    cofty

Can you hear your own inner dialogue, Cofty? I can hear these words as I type them out... not literally in my ears, but I can still hear them. - Tec

Yes but why ascribe a supernatural source for your inner voice?

I know what God likes. I know what God wants. - N.Drew

Do you know how incredibly egostistical it sounds for somebody to claim they know the thoughts of the almighty? Why does he never tell you anything that might actually be useful?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit