IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thanks again everyone....lots to think about again...I'll be back

• N.drew
    N.drew
    If my good life is not enough for Him and He punishes me or withholds some reward from me

OTWO speak the truth. But the way I see it is not so sarcastically harsh. I must compete with the angels, ya know. Angels have good manners. But they....

If my best effort is not enough.....then I don't care.

• tec
    tec

So in fact there is no voice as such? We have agreed on that yes? If we did an MRI scan the part of your brain that deciphers signals from your aural nerve would not be involved. Is that fair comment?

I don't know how hearing a physical sound works, but I'm guessing that is what you are saying. So it might be a fair comment.

But there is a voice that can be heard within me. Similar to the way that you can hear your own voice even when you are only thinking in words.

If its a voice from an external source there will be an accent, a volume and inflection or tone that you will be able to describe in detail.

Quiet, calm and sure. A slower way of speaking. Very clear.

I am not that clear. My inner voice is often a jumble, and fast... though I find that I am getting slower as I learn from Him. But it has never been the case before.

In either case, this difference is clear and one of the reasons I can trust that it is not me.

If its more than an internal converstation with yourself you would be able to ask questions verbally and recieve information you could not possibly have known in specific words you could write down verbatim.

Yes. This.

I believe I stated that I have shared specific e x amples on the board in the past. If it feels like pulling teeth to get me to spill it once again, then understand that this is because I know that I cannot convince you, and I think you ask just to dispute it.

I really want to find out how people know for sure.

I know in the moment that I am hearing Him. When this is happening, I know 100% for certain. Some doubt might creep in, in between, but hearing affirms Him all over again. There comes a point when you have to start laughing at yourself for the doubts that are proven false so often.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

God knows what You will do with the knowledge of God. If what you will do with the knowledge of God is not god's will then God will not come.

This bears repeating.

Peace,

tammy

• sizemik
    sizemik

This bears repeating.

Perhaps it does . . . but it's still circular reasoning. How does one know what to do with this knowledge before they even have it? How can they change what they will do with it if they don't know what it is? It's tantamount to "God will not reveal himself to me for his own personal reasons . . . and he won't tell me what they are"

I know the difference between right and wrong . . . and how to do it without being a preacher. If that's not good enough for God . . . and he refuses to tell me why for some mysterious reason . . . what's left to do? The ball's in his court not mine.

• tec
    tec

I don't think it is circular reasoning, Size.

If you were rich and needed someone to manage your estate and oversee all of your children... would you put your estate in the hands of someone who is going to carry out your will, or someone who is not?

Peace,

tammy

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

can you nzers take back paul henry, i now wake up to his damn voice every morning

• still thinking
    still thinking

So now we are sliding down the path of foreknowlege...and what god wants and knows we will do...

If this is the case, surely nothing we do or don't do will make a difference. He will either select us or he won't.

But I digress....

Do I understand this correctly? ....the ones who believe in God 'hear' his voice in some way. And that is why they believe? I know I may have that all wrong. But just checking.

Hi finallysomeprid...give paul henry back..he's brilliant!!

• tec
    tec

Do I understand this correctly? ....the ones who believe in God 'hear' his voice in some way. And that is why they believe? I know I may have that all wrong. But just checking.

The ones who know He is real seem to hear him in some way, according to those who have come forward on your thread.

(I believed in Him before that... though like the others here, I cannot ever remember a time when I did not believe in Him)

Peace,

tammy

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

Still Thinking

My dic-shun-ary says that to believe is (a) to accept as real or true (b) to have faith or trust in

It also says that if I use "know" as a verb I understand, am acquainted with or recognise.

If I am in the "know", used as a noun; I have secret or inside information.

So therefore speaking personally, my interesting concept is something I most definitely KNOW

Like others on this forum who claim to have received an annointing, so do I; if I haven't then I must be mentally ill. I believe the former to be true.

It came about when I had lost all I had too lose for the second time to the BORG; my wife and children. So I decided to read the bible and the rest as they say is history and that is what made me into a true believer though irreligious. That was 17 years ago and as far as I know they are all still in.

N.Drew

I understand where you are coming from. Zarsinger, Sabastious et.al possibly do as well. I often find their musings similar to my own.

Now that's scary

Sizemik

So you know the difference between right and wrong. Whose definitions; Still Thinking's, N.Drew's, Mine. That is a whole other topic I think.

Peace, Love 'n' Thoughts Wizz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit