IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think I am meaning this definitition Wizard...

KNOW

verb(used with object)

1. to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty: I know the situation fully.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Ok, I'm just having a quick squiz...but Sab...are you quoting bible stuff???????? did you read my OP? Please refrain. My apologies if it wasn't you that did it first. Whoever did....

I'm going to have to read through it tomorrow because I'm tired and ready for bed....but I'm not sure what the snake stuff has to do with how YOU KNOW GOD is real.

I'd be keen to hear your thoughts Sab. You seem to be searching, so you obviously have a belief of some sort. What makes YOU feel/think god is real? And how do you know?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    He doesn't speak to those unwilling to do what he wants, even though what he wants is a mystery to them

It is not a mystery to me what God wants. God wants equal justice for all (with mercy).

No wibble

completely ignores dying Africans who probably pray many times more because they are hungry and almost dead ?

You do not KNOW if God is doing nothing for the people who suffer because of greed and stupidity. You have no proof that the disenfranchised are withheld comfort. And I don't have proof that they are being comforted.

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@Still Thinking "I know the situation fully"

That is precisely what I thought I had conveyed in my post.

Not wanting to get into semantics re definitions, to peceive is to become aware of, especially through the sense of sight or the mind.

I perceive "my God sits at the centre of a garden in my own mind"

As we are afterall all INDIVIDUALS, there is no way my GOD/HIGHER SELF can be any one elses.

GOD/MAYBE GOD/NO GOD; up to each one individually. It's all in our own minds and a personal choice.

GOD is real for me, I know through my own personal experiences every day and that is what you asked for when you started this post.

Peace, Love 'n' Thoughts Wizz.........I'm off to bed as well zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I think that's what the OP was asking for, proof. I have no proof whatsoever to say God doesn't exist, I've also never seen proof that he does but I'm willing to say that I don't know.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    I understand where you are coming from Now that's scary

It is always good when JWN causes a LOL!

BTW I'm not offended. LOL!

I'm willing to say that I don't know

This is good! I also will match your I don't know with my I don't know.

But I do know justice wisdom love charity understanding power truth hope and expectation are ALL TRUE. I hope I didn't leave out anything important.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I also know a lot of things are true, as do many. That says absolutely nothing about whether God is true or not. I apologise, I must have mis read your previous comments, I thought you said you did know, now I see that you don't. That clears that up.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    now I see that you don't.

How so?

I know God is real for me. To me. And with me.

My believing does not make anything real. Does yours?

• tornapart
    tornapart

I haven't read other posts yet as I don't want to be influenced by what others have said. This is my own personal feeling. I can't look at the night sky and not be awed by it, to listen to birds sing, the colour of flowers, to enjoy music, to laugh and to love, to have a desire to worship something/someone. To me personally it all adds up to there being a God who loves and who cares, not just an intelligemnt designer but more than that. Even I never had the bible I'd still feel this way and all the science books and evolutionary reasonings will ever take this away from me. I felt it as a child and I feel it now.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    now I see that you don't. That clears that up.

iCeltic can your believing make anything real?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit