IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Ok so you’re God, but damn it I want proof!

So why not use your holey speared-it and fix the leaky pipe under my house.

Oooo, or better yet actually do some of the things you allegedly wrote about in your manifesto, I mean the Bible.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    The more interesting question is ...as God, who or what do I worship?

I'm not sure I want to know this...I could be scarred for life

• still thinking
    still thinking

star tiger....I wouldn't actually call myself an atheist..in fact I don't particularly like to be labelled. For some reason, I still feel there might be something. I am just unsure if this is purely wishful thinking on my part. I take it you are still searching?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

He is to me definitely.

Loz x

• still thinking
    still thinking

Lozahasleft...would you care to expand on that? How do you know? Please share if you don't mind. I've got my ears on today.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Maybe God is just an idea or thought and not a tangible thing.

Even though ideas do not always materialize, it doesn't mean they aren't real.

The mind is extremely powerful and maybe the idea is all the proof we need.

If he is an idea or thought in our mind, and our mind is real, then maybe he is real.

However for the rest of us sane people we would like some actual concrete proof.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

If God is real, and I've no idea is he is, I very much doubt it's the God of the bible.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Disillusioned...but I am really hoping for genuine heartfelt replies of how someone KNOWS god is real...I do not wish to question anyones sanity. And I am really hoping that this thread does NOT turn into that.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi Still thinking,

Absolutely, I am still searching, I like the idea of Deism, however as some have said to me before that this form of belief eventually ends up in Atheism, which at the moment I am not prepared to go, it may go there due to the prevelance of evil in this world, the panspermia idea of life arriving at this earth from other planets seem to be where I am prepared to be happy just now!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• still thinking
    still thinking

iCeltic...I do find myself thinking along those lines. Which is why I am hoping someone can help me out here. Maybe there is a god, just not the one I thought it was...who knows. I don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit