Why America Must Stop Apologizing tTIlam

by Bangalore 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    The 'bigger global picture',, is that the USA is the bully on the block, and we are sick of it.

Well Tal, some of us here recognize this very thing, and wish to change it.

Others...................do not.

Not to mention that our own infrastructure has suffered dramatically to achieve this status.

• mP
    mP

@journey-on

Take a look at American history past and present.

America was one of the last western countries to get rid of slaves, and it took especially long to give basic rights to blacks.

Then came WW2, the US government virtually bankrupted the UK while it was standing alone to fight Hitler, and at the same time it was still allowing companies to do business with him.

Moving onto the present, it continues to support some of the worst most vile nations on earth, like Saudi Arabia, Hussein and Iraq, Mubarrak and Egypt and even at one stage considered Osama a friend.

America is not very popular in many parts of the world, for simple reason it has supported way to many dictators just to earn a dollar. America has almost never done anything on principal. Before you get all high and mighty, stop and think a bit.

• journey-on
    journey-on

talesin.....that's fine. I totally understand why the rest of the world might resent America and see them as a bully. I'm not going to cut and paste tonight, but to tell you the truth, I think a lot of it IS America's fault. We have given so much foreign and military aid to other countries, have stood with them during the Big Wars, etc. etc. that the mantle of "leader of the free world" has been hoisted upon our shoulders. I think we should quit it. Maybe Ron Paul has it right after all.

• talesin
    talesin

Well Tal, some of us here recognize this very thing, and wish to change it.

Others...................do not.

Not to mention that our own infrastructure has suffered dramatically to achieve this status.

Agreed. :(

And we in Canada, are going the same way..... all support, and money, goes to the corporations. Our universal health care is disintegrating, as well as many other social programs, in favour of the big pharma, big oil, big insurance, etc... and it not only makes me sad,,, it's kinda scary.

tal

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thank you all for being so polite.

• talesin
    talesin

We have given so much foreign and military aid to other countries, have stood with them during the Big Wars, etc. etc. that the mantle of "leader of the free world" has been hoisted upon our shoulders.

I see this as thinking that results from propaganda.... really?????? so much aid? aid to people like Saddam Hussein, when it suits the political purposes of the ruling class ... yes, for sure. Military aid.

Most Americans could really benefit from a modern history lesson.

tal

• journey-on
    journey-on

You may be right mP. It's probably time America close it's military bases around the world. Tell our friends and allies they are on their own. No more foreign aid, no more shoring up anybody. Say "to hell" with human rights. Let each country take care of itself. Tell the oil producing countries we don't need nor want your oil. We're going to drill right here, pour the money we save into developing new technologies and educating our people for the new hi-tech jobs. Close the cluster-f*ck called the U.N. or at least get them out of NYC and stop supporting them.

GO RON PAUL!

• talesin
    talesin

There , , J_W,,, I've ceased to be polite,,,,

t

• journey-on
    journey-on

talesin....really....do some research. Please. I'm not a cut and paste kind of person. Really and truly, research the amount of real aid we have poured into countries all over the world over the decades. I'm not saying we didn't also give it to the likes of Saddam, Mubarak, etc., but be honest. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. America has been one helluva generous country all over the world.

• talesin
    talesin

You may be right mP. It's probably time America close it's military bases around the world.

AGREED!!!! Get the hell out of everyone else's business, and take care of your own back yard. Kids starving, no medical care, violence in the inner cities b/c of the extreme poverty.

Yes.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit