Why America Must Stop Apologizing tTIlam

by Bangalore 106 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Band on the Run, (without quoting the entire above paragraph) - you did it again in the effort to deny it.

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK, now to get back on topic: I think Obama should not have apologized over the burning of the Korans for two simple reasons:

1) It was not done as a deliberate insult to the Taliban - it was a security measure and not in violation of their customs.

2) The apology did not work.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It was an explanation. Why should I apologize when i did nothing wrong? I do believe I have more education and exposure than you. I respect your views. Your comments on nonpolitical threads are astute. I committed no wrong so I am definitely not apologizing. Your political threads come on strongly. It is never your view. It is never one plausible explanation. I fail to see how you are different from the Society micromanaging people's views.

Post the same information and tone down the fascist delivery and I would respect your views far more. Tell me what you think. I have no respect for political zealots of any stripe. Even George Washington had many Loyalist friends. Your attention is focused on narrow issues. I can state what I think about the tone of your posts or I can start posting far left, inflammatory statements on the left to counter your far right propaganda. Studies have proven that Republicans are poorly informed about objective facts. I am not correcting you as stating my response.

I respect you but I don't believe you are Nobel Laureate quality. Your views have no more legitimacy than mine. If I were posting similar materials on the fringe of the left as you pose for GOP. Most GOP members do not share your views, I believe your comments would have validity. I merely defend my views and point out the weakness of your presentation.

One more time. I am interested in what you feel b/c you are a forum members. Your views have no letigimacy in themselves. I will not apolgize for my views or my education. No matter where I go in life, I fail to find normal people who share your views.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Band on the Run - let's stop this.

Let us just agree that we should not arbitrarily call the entire board "unsophisticated", "ignorant", or "silly".

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

What foolishness. What America must stop doing, is being so ignorant and pompous.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No, there is NOTHINg wrong with the board. It is the politcal proporganda you continually post with no input from you. I know you from this forum. Why should I respect the views of a paid partisan on your side when I don't respect partisans on my side. The tone of your posts is fight inducing. You do not post for discussion. If you owned this website, fair game. I would never be here.

You could make the same grand points in a more civil manner. Just b/c you post something, it has no validity. You must built your own legitimacy. First, I don't see the purpose of these threads, including the occasional progressive thread. They trigger no valid conversation. The right wing posters ooh and aah ove rtheir side. The progressive post contra your views and ooh and aah. This is not discussion. It is not informative. Notice that I indict both sides.

Call me arrogant. I would rather be correct and have a broad view than being a nice, simpering deferential girl as I was in the Witnesses. Again, if you would content to your posts, I would respect your views much more.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Did anyone see Jon Stewart apologizing to Israel and Iran March 6 show? If my computer had some sound I'd watch it again. I thought it was his best show ever.

• journey-on
    journey-on

BOTR --- I don't mean to be rude to you, but each poster on this forum has a style (of sorts). Your criticism of Bangladore, imo, is unnecessary and frankly, out of order.

If you knew Bangladore's personal posting style---meaning you have taken the time to observe and get to know his on-line persona---you probably would have chosen not to use such invective language toward him.

He generally posts a link and asks for discussion. It's his style. Get to know him.

BTW - There are lots of well-educated people in the world that are intellectually bankrupt. They tend to know a lot about one or two narrow fields, but fail when it comes to the broader spectrum. I recently took a civics test sent to me by a good friend just for fun. My score was much higher than the average law professor....imagine that.

• designs
    designs

n.drew- Last night's Jon Stewart show was also effective against the current administration's 'War On Terror' or as Jon put 'War on being afraid'.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Your criticism of Bangladore.................................If you knew Bangladore's.......

Are you doing this on purpose?

It's "Bangalore". It's a city in India, ya know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit