Why America Must Stop Apologizing tTIlam

by Bangalore 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Now, James, do you see why these discussions are futile, useless, and hurtful? We have a gang mentality on the left, and sometimes, I guess, depending on who is posting on any given night, the right.

What a perfect storm of hypocrisy. From the start you have said it was impossible,

The problem is, you say "too-mah-toe" and I say "too-may-toe". You can look at isolated "facts" all day long, but remember they are connected to other facts that are connected to others. IOW, there is a big picture to look at, and you look at it through your own pov.

you refuse to give examples or facts in your debate, you have been insulting and accusatory to me while pretending to be somehow victimized by me, and now you say "We have a gang mentality on the left". Unbelievable.

• talesin
    talesin

Funny, talesin.....thanks for the laugh.

* heavy sarcasm here*

I'm glad you think it's funny that my friend couldn't get treatment for his cancer until he reached a poverty level where he qualified for Medicaid or whatever you call it in your country. Now,,, it may be too late. So *** you, and the horse you rode in on.

t

• talesin
    talesin

James_woods ,, maybe that's why it's so hard to have a civil conversation ... because people are DYING due to this polarization and the BS politics.

xo

tal

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Could you not say you disagree with Obama's policies? Big deal, I do, too. Obama the person is painted as a demon while policies are ignored. Does anyone on the right notice contradictions and tensions in each side's views. Politics is an art,not science.

George Bush's personality, his way of framing issues, caused most countries to revile the United States. In my enitre life, the US was never hated so much. Obama's more conciliatory attitude, on the surface, creates a better atmosphere in whichc to negotiate hard nosed policies that favor the US.

Living in NY, I don't want to die b/c someone is wild with their language, provoking people unncessarily. It is not in the interests of US security. We are engaged in a many faceted war with a very small segment of thugs who happen to be Moslem. I did dating, shopping, commuting, and other things at the WTC. Sometimes a president must say large, clear statements. Saying racist stuff to play to your political base gets civilians killed in the push back. Dying at the WTC for America is noble. Dying b/c someone's language was sloppy is intolerable.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome, again, to the discussion, Band on the Run.

Perhaps, you will find some happiness - eventually - in talking to us?

Perhaps, you could come to Wibble with us on the Wibble thread?

That is where we kind of cast off our outer garments and go have a nice steamy sauna...

• journey-on
    journey-on

First, talesin....I don't listen to NIN and don't know their music...All I heard was static and clatter...no words....and thought you were sending me a "message" about what you think of my pov. All I heard on that clip was instrumental cacaphony. If you think I would find someone dying of cancer funny, you are sick sick sick.

Beks...

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    That is where we kind of cast off our outer garments and go have a nice steamy sauna...

James!!!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Now, James, do you see why these discussions are futile, useless, and hurtful? We have a gang mentality on the left, and sometimes, I guess, depending on who is posting on any given night, the right.

No, Jouney-on - I do not see that at all.

But, as Beks says - I am the eternal optimist.

You have to be the eternal optimist if you own a small airplane and fly it in Oklahoma thunderstorms.

You also should come and Wibble with us.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I think I'm the one that said you were an eternal optimist....not Beks. Maybe she did on another thread, I don't know.

Tell me what is Wibble. I may want to do it.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

OMG...I have no idea who to argue with on this thread. I am socially liberal, fiscally conservative, a gun owing registered Democrat Jew in a red state. I like both red meat AND salads.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit