Why America Must Stop Apologizing tTIlam

by Bangalore 106 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

No, I didn't do it on purpose. I typed it wrong and didn't catch it. Thanks for your sharp eye, Beks.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

You're very welcome.

• talesin
    talesin

First, I don't see the purpose of these threads, including the occasional progressive thread. They trigger no valid conversation. The right wing posters ooh and aah ove rtheir side. The progressive post contra your views and ooh and aah. This is not discussion. It is not informative. Notice that I indict both sides.

Agreed, BOTR. I see a certain amount of naivete, and a tendency to stick to rigid belief systems without examining the facts and making reasoned conclusions regarding political leanings. It's dissimilar to my experience as a non-JW for the past 30+ years.

I am unsure if the polarization is an American trait (because of the preponderance of US posters on the site) or a left-over of JW thinking.

tal

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

TS---it's a polarization. Even people that I know that were never JW's are operating this way right now. There is a great deal of inner conflict here right now---

NC

• james_woods
    james_woods
    No, there is NOTHINg wrong with the board. It is the politcal proporganda you continually post with no input from you. I know you from this forum. Why should I respect the views of a paid partisan on your side when I don't respect partisans on my side. The tone of your posts is fight inducing. You do not post for discussion. If you owned this website, fair game. I would never be here.
    You could make the same grand points in a more civil manner. Just b/c you post something, it has no validity. You must built your own legitimacy. First, I don't see the purpose of these threads, including the occasional progressive thread. They trigger no valid conversation. The right wing posters ooh and aah ove rtheir side. The progressive post contra your views and ooh and aah. This is not discussion. It is not informative. Notice that I indict both sides.
    Call me arrogant. I would rather be correct and have a broad view than being a nice, simpering deferential girl as I was in the Witnesses. Again, if you would content to your posts, I would respect your views much more.

Band on the Run - honestly, most of the time I have no idea what you are talking about. If you think America should apologize to Islam, so be it. You would have a different viewpoint from myself, but that would not make you an idiot. (in my viewpoint) - just a person with a different idea. I don't think we owe the Taliban in particular or Islam in general an apology. That puts me on the other side of the issue, but again - it does not make me an idiot. Could we please make peace over this now?.

• mP
    mP

The simple answer is because most of the time religion cooperates with government to get a message out to the masses. Notice how many xians support the war against terror. They may barely know anything about Iq or Af but if their priest told them so, they are going to get their sons, daughters, nephews and nieces to sign up. The American government cant very say religion is bullshit when it serves their purpose so well both today, in the past and most likely in the future. Religion knows its place in todays society, int he past it was the government. Priests were like local councils taking care of local business.

I really like the idea of confession. Its a great way to get violent revolutionary types to confess and then pick them up later on for punishment and death. Its a great idea for an intelligence system, where the dumb asses confess to your agents. It would make an interesting study to find out how often this actually happened in the old world.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I really like the idea of confession. Its a great way to get violent revolutionary types to confess and then pick them up later on for punishment and death. Its a great idea for an intelligence system, where the dumb asses confess to your agents. It would make an interesting study to find out how often this actually happened in the old world.

?????

• talesin
    talesin

TS---it's a polarization. Even people that I know that were never JW's are operating this way right now. There is a great deal of inner conflict here right now---

NC

That's how I was leaning,,, challenging times, indeed!

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, really, J_W,, I agree! ???????????????????

Did you know, mP, that the confessions elicited under torture are often false? It would be interesting to know what YOU would confess if your fingernails were being pulled out, or if you were water-boarded day after day for a few weeks ...............

hmmm

craaazyyy - thinking,,,, sorry, I don't use that word lightly ,, but really!

ugh

tal

• james_woods
    james_woods

I hope no good JWN person will be offended if I point out that this thread is sadly off the topic tracks...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit