Steven Unthank: What do we really know?

by SweetBabyCheezits 503 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh yell yeah! It's the most credible resource on the internet! I love it!!!

And good job with the exclamation mark! It gets people's attention!!!

So yeah, that's all that I have to say!!!!

Did I mention the cat posting?!!!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

MORE STUFF... for those who care....

This is what Mr Unthank said in the call yesterday.... according to Sebastious transcription I am just copying and pasting.. I wont even add my commentary... just a few questions...

" It was drawn by a young child in the Tarragalon congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. This child had been abused, or actually raped, by a fellow member of the religion, not in that congregation, but in another congregation . This was when I started the case this young child was quite small and was part of the original group of children that I decided to stand up for and protect and when I started my initial campaign for compliance on serveral occasions when I wrote letters it was in regards to her so that she could feel safe within the religion. When I decided I had no choice but to prosecute the case myself I had to resign from the religion. One, I was ashamed to be a Jehovah's Witness and that was a great part of not wanting to be a sharer in what they were doing. The other part was that if I was disfellowshipped then all the action I'd taken as a member of the religion would be discredited, I'd be forever labled a disgruntled former member, someone who is disfellowshipped etc etc. So, to protect the integrity of the case and to do the right thing I resigned.

Now it was some time later that I was down the street and I saw the family where this young child, she was about 4 at the time, she was skipping along and she saw me and she came up to me and she said to me words along the lines of "daddy says I'm not allowed to talk you" and then she explained the reason why and she said, "because you don't love Jehovah" and that was because she had been told that I was no longer a Jehovah's Witness. Then I just stood there looking at her, because, what do you say? She then gave me a hug off she went skipping along back with her family. Then I think about later that week, or possibly the next weekend, my mother came up to me and she had a little picture which I've got on my wall. It's a small circle of paper and it's what this young girl had drawn at kindergarten and she'd asked that it be given to me and she said to tell me that it was "the sun to make you happy."

So that's where that picture came from. So I had spent the previous couple of years trying to make sure that both that girl and other children in the congregation, as well as her sister, were safe. What I didn't know at the time was that this young girl had been raped just a few weeks befor e and I didn't find out about that until really not that long ago and that really shook me up"

1 How old was the girl when she drew the drawing?

2 How do you know it was drawn by the girl?

3 When was this girl allegedly raped? I mean how long ago.... two times?

4 Now look at the picture make it big and look at the amount of detail....

5 So why did he waited a couple of years?

6 Now you come up with all the discrepancies here....

think whatever you want... those comments were said yesterday....

Now here is the statement from Mr Unthank's website... just copied and pasted.

The above painting “the sun to make you happy” was personally drawn by a young child in the Traralgon Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses who was recently raped by a fellow member of the church
  • talesin
    talesin

thankyou talesin i will take that as a compliment.

You're welcome, s+g (in the same sarcastic tone)

Sarcasm has no place in a discussion,,, even an argument, about this topic.

So you show your true colours, even in your tone, which is insincere.

However, if this comes from a place of pain, because you are an adult survivor yourself, then I get it. There are no rules in that circumstance.

If not, then you should just back right out of this discussion, because as far as I'm concerned, your sarcasm is not welcome.

t

• talesin
    talesin

Nomad Soul,,, yes, you have gotten to the heart of the matter :

Oh new page. Maybe I can get some words in.

This is the way I see. SBC exposed Unthank for posting an image of a little girl that has nothing to do with what's going on in his case. Unthank apologizes for using the wrong wording. Instead of apologizing for using the image of an unrelated little girl and stealing the property of another artist.

Besides that, he's fighting for a good cause.

And, Shamus, I know you deal with delicate subjects by using humour,,, but I think we are wayyyy beyond that. Sorry, bro!

xo

tal

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Sabastious, if you have transcripts of the radio show, can you PM me the transcripts? I will appreciate it since I am completely deaf. Thank you!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Oh you got it! this is a copyright issue..... ..... (note for sizemik... this is also sarcasm)

• talesin
    talesin

I really wish Mouthy was around, to weigh in on this topic.

t

• talesin
    talesin

And don't mistake the little emoticon; I am not crying... just showing how sad and disgusted I feel.

t

• talesin
    talesin

It's very enlightening,,, now I see the 'true colours' of some posters ... and so does the rest of the world. Don't forget that this DB is read by some 60,000 people,,,, so you're uncaring, unenlightened attitude is displayed to all who know 'who you are'.

t

• still thinking
    still thinking

talesin...here's a hug for you I understand your anger and pain. But I can honestly say I don't see anyone here being the enemy. All I see is people wanting truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit