Steven Unthank: What do we really know?

by SweetBabyCheezits 503 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• still thinking
    still thinking

Sorry size...no I did not see your comment acknowleding his lack of judgement.

Tal...maybe its time it was brought up again...and maybe you are the person to do it. The problem, as we know has not gone away. There would be many people out there who would value hearing your experinces.

My experience has not personally been child abuse. Well, not the sexual kind. My experience has been violent rape. I have no problem sharing that with people. I was not responsible and I am not ashamed. You are one of the most perfect people to share your thoughts IMO. People need people who understand and care. From where I'm sitting. You represent that for me.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Still thinking.... a very rational approach, I am a feminist too.

Tal: I know i am that kind of person that just doesnt get it...... and what happens when i dont get it? I ask! I question! I research... you wanna know why? cuz I dont get it, but, but I want to get it. and that why I continued to research it... cuz there were some things I just did nt understand....

Now Sab brings the pay pal issue........

PAY PAL ties the accounts not to names... but to email addresses..... There are 1000s of John Smiths and Jose Lopez in Pay Pal. and their accounts are not frozen... Sooooooo do you see my freaking point!!!!! its one after the other.

PAY PAL accounts are tied to email addresses.... they will only freeze it if there are fraudulent money requests or many payments requests have been generated from the same IP address..... So this is another story that just doenst make sense... And of course what do we have to do.... shut up and ignore because of the good deeds.... Believe everything, "dont you get it"?.... i dont. you are right.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

by the way when I was 16 an elder from bethel and BETHEL elder tried to touch him me sexually in a trip that i went with him to give a public talk.... So what? it is irrelevant. at that moment I got scared.... so what! this is not about me... its about .... STEVEN UNTHANK what do we really know?

• rebel8
    rebel8

OFSM. I read the 1st 15 pages and can't take any more. It's so tiresome when there's blood in the jwn water. It starts with a kernel of truth, proceeds with a healthy dose of skepticism and ends up in a bloodbath.

The string paint thingee is a common children's craft. You dip paint in string and drop it down on a surface in an irregular pattern. It doesn't take "skill".

In response to questioning Barbara Anderson, IIRC she just passed on info she was told, and couched it clearly in those terms. IIRC she did not say she is "supporting" Unthank, just passing on info she was given. She has done the same with others.

Regular people without any formal training on media relations...who relate to the media on a highly personal/emotional topic...make mistakes when relating to the media. Not a surprise.

Listen to yourselves! Goddammit, are you questioning whether this case was even legitimate?

Yeah, I used to be like you. :) I started an online candle vigil for an imaginary dying person.

Truth is, there have been more than our share of liars. Lots. The list just goes on and on. Some xjws are broken inside.

Skepticism is evidence of personal growth after dubbery. Meanness is evidence of regression into the jw "my knowledge is better than your knowledge" superiority. IMHO

Peace

• sizemik
    sizemik

Just so I'm not making claims without evidence . . .

Like Mr Monroe commented earlier, I don't agree with Stevens approach on a number of levels, but I don't expect the world to live according to my personal prescription. The initial use of the illustration in question was ill-advised and an error of judgement in my opinion. I'm also cognizant of Stevens personal connection, history and circumstances to some degree, and therefore am also aware why he could make such an error. . . . page #10
  • cofty
    cofty

Skepticism = good

Cynicism = bad

Cynics made everybody lose on this one.

• talesin
    talesin

rebel,, I read your post; how can I say? with hope, optimism... you are the voice of reason

this,, so true:

Meanness is evidence of regression into the jw "my knowledge is better than your knowledge" superiority. IMHO

Cofty,, yes ...

all I'm saying is,,, yes! the guy made a mistake,,, was it wrong? yes,,, but the 'bad thing' he did, was so small,,, a mistake, that came from trying to right a horrible wrong...

and I know about the donations,,, he has never asked for donations here,, people HEARD about what he was doing, and wanted to help... it's not a lot of money,, he never asked for $$$ on f/b either.

the witch hunt is what it is .................. a witch hunt.

That is why it is making me angry....

That is why Barb Anderson is supporting him ---- do you REALLY think she is that stupid?

This IS a witch hunt... the man is not a saint... NO ONE IS ... he is a good person,,,, on a mission.

Get the XXXX over yourselves.

ugh... this is so ugly,, it's uglier than the abuse ...

reallly. I should know,,, as Strike (sorry, your name is so hard to remember/type) said,,, "let's talk to a survivor". Well, I'm not just a survivor,,, I'm one who has watched this story unfold ... who has monitored what Steven Unthank has done.... and he is the REAL THING.

Please, ,, STOP!

xo

t

• sabastious
    sabastious

Steven Unthank reports trying to open an account on this forum:

A journalist from ABC contacted me and explained that there were people, this was quite a while back, were wondering whether or not I even existed. I thought that was actually quite amusing and again people, as I understand, from the phone call this morning someone made to me that they are now doubting whether I exist as well, but's that's the way it is. I 've had a lot of people that have critisized the case becase there has been no media coverage. On the other hand there's been no media coverage, but the people who criticize me even exist as well. So we're both in the same boat, I say it happened you say it didn't, neither of us can prove each other exist. So, therefore nothing happened. So, why do they waste their time? There are a lot of people that have said I have been on forums and discussion boards entering into discussion with people, answering questions and the like. But that's not true, I never have been. I applied to open an account on JWN forum or jehovahs witnesses.net forum, but it sort of didn't happen because the application got lost somewhere in the, who knows what, whatever happened there, so I left it at that. I don't have accounts anywhere else on any forums.

-Sab

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, and by the way,,, you may see my exclamation marks, and think "oh, she's all emotional". No, I am cold and clear,,,, I just want YOU to hear me. I am very happy at this point in my life, and not all 'in a tizzy' about my abuse. I've dealt with it,,, healed,,, and in the process, learned a lot. One thing I've learned, is not to get fooled by bullsh**ers,,, and Mr. Unthank is not one of those.

so, stick a fork in me,,, I'm done! :D

be happy, folks! be happy we have crusaders ... don't you all love Farkel? Don't you all love the CofC guy? Well, then, love SU, because he has done the same thing, and doesn't deserve to be dissed this way.

t

• talesin
    talesin

sab, I'm not sure what you are quoting from, couldn't see it on the website, but in the spirit of full disclosure, here is the link to his website:

http://www.stevenunthank.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit