Steven Unthank: What do we really know?

by SweetBabyCheezits 503 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Is it too early for these I wonder?

• cedars
    cedars

undercover

Not a flawed character so much as a lousy planner of legal strategies. Shouldn't you at least know the procedures and costs of trying to introduce something to the court system?

Well I guess he learned as he went along because, as I've said, the case wasn't closed for any financial reasons - rendering the whole issue moot as far as I'm concerned.

And if we're going to start dissecting people's financial astuteness, I dread the day anyone ever gets a hold of my financial history!

Cedars

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

sizemike there you go again with your rightous indignation not stopping to consider that I may already have done my own research and not be in need of yours.

• talesin
    talesin

Depends on your definition of rational perspective I suppose. I just get the shits when I go to the trouble of digging up facts, even posting links like I'm the only one in possession of a search engine . . . only to have it ignored repeatedly. That just doesn't fit my definition of rational perspective.

But nice pounce . . . I'm glad I've hit a nerve.

I hear you, Size, and usually it's about politics. That, quite frankly, is no biggie, and it's always gonna be contentious.

But this is different. It's about something we should all AGREE ON.

THIS IS CHILD RAPE... GET IT, PEEPS?

t

• shamus100
    shamus100

All of this for posting one picture falsely.

Dear god. This is a complete mockery.

• undercover
    undercover

I dread the day anyone ever gets a hold of my financial history!

LOL... I think we could get cyberjesus to do a little digging...

Then again, maybe not. He might look at mine too...

• still thinking
    still thinking

This is such an emotive subject it cannot be addressed openly and honestly. It cannot be questioned without accusations to people who want to know the truth being accused of supporting the abusers.

It seems to me that some people think the end justifies the means in this matter. That is NOT my opinion but seems to be the opinion of some. Regardless of any untruths he may tell...he is a hero and should be treated as such. If we don't, apparently we are pedophile supporters.

The picture was disgraceful, the caption more disgraceful and the replacement picture, IMO a fake and therefore disgraceful. But of course I will be labelled a pedphile supporter for saying that.

Think about it Unthank. The picture and caption may have got the intended effect of shocking people who are already disgusted in this type of behaviour. But the people you really fed with this information are pedophiles. They would have lapped that up. THAT is why I am so disgusted in what you wrote.

IMO Unthank appears to be a genuinely caring person who has put himself on the line to help children. This is unquestionalbly commendable. But this does not make him a saint. This does not make him beyond question. And this does not excuse sensationalism.

I would like to make it quite clear, that as a survivor of rape myself, I in NO WAY support pedphiles. And find it highly offensive that people suggest that I do. But I do have reasons for not supporting the dishonesty involved in the picture used and it's replacement. And that is, I am fed up with lies and want truth. It angers me that people feel the need to lie to support their cause when the cause stands on its own merrit. It does not need advertising gimmicks that demean the cause.

• cedars
    cedars

soft+gentle - you never do any research, at least not so far as I can see. You just go wading in on complex topics and brandish vague and unsubtantiated criticisms. You did it on my new petition thread of all places, suggesting that a religion will ALWAYS be considered in the public benefit. Well, you've clearly never done any research on Scientology, or the reasons why it doesn't enjoy registered charity status - have you?! I'm sorry, but you're routinely cynical of anything that is opposed to the Society, and the idea that you do research before making your sweeping statements is laughable.

I'm sorry, I'm just pissed off with your constant cyncism. It seems like you're always picking on my threads. I would pay money if you'd leave them alone.

Cedars

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Still Thinking

• talesin
    talesin

All of this for posting one picture falsely.

Dear god. This is a complete mockery.

Yes, Shamus. Thank you.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit