Steven Unthank: What do we really know?

by SweetBabyCheezits 503 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

it would be nice to get an opinion from somebody that was ACTUALLY raped as a child.

to get their viewpoint on everything discussed here so far, good and bad.

i was not raped as a child, so i don't "get it". lots of mental issues there i imagine. but what the hell do i know?

i know i would shake steven unthanks hand mightly if i ever crossed his path. might even shed a tear...

• still thinking
    still thinking

strymeckirules...I think you'll find you already are. That is why the subject is so emotive.

• talesin
    talesin

still.... bonne merci! many thank yous, cead mile failte! (and that is 1,000 thank yous in gaelic, as well as english and french)

agreed! But there are some faux peeps on this thread, tho they are few.

much love to you and all! muah muah!

xo

t

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

strymeckirules: this thread is not about child rape, nor even about a child rape case, and opinions dont matter... this thread is about what we know regarding some stataments made and how can we be certain of them... thats all. Read the OP so you can see what we are talking about.

• talesin
    talesin

strymeckirules

it would be nice to get an opinion from somebody that was ACTUALLY raped as a child.

You've had one ... although, with 24 pages, you might have missed that I said it. I was 8 yrs old, at least by the medical records, that's when I can prove it.

That is why I am so passionate about this,,, and I am not normally so hard on folks.

It's not just about ME, though. I also spent years working 'in the field',,, with other adult survivors, and several years with teens....

That's why I know it's SO important,, so Steven U. made a mistake because he was so passionate,,, I get it.... I have also been corresponding with him (not much) for almost a year... I found his site on my own,,, nothing to do with JWD, and KNOW he cares about this.

I hate to see him vilified in this way ... it really pushes my buttons. I confess.

But I'm not ashamed to admit it.

xo

tal

• talesin
    talesin

CJ,,, you just ... don't ... get it!

My goddess, I wish Big Tex and Gumby were here,, you would tuck your tail between your legs,, because you are just the kind of man who doesn't listen to women!

TRUTH!

t

• sizemik
    sizemik

tal . . . it does seem to be obvious to me that opinions here are roughly divided between those who have taken a strong interest in the case from day 1 and kept themselves informed . . . and those that have had a passing interest confined mainly to what appears here.

I've noticed a number of the same posters from here corresponding with Steven via FB and his site. Familiarity with the whole saga and with Steven himself . . . or not . . . is where the line falls IMHO.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

because you are just the kind of man who doesn't listen to women!

Arent you a feminist? so it doesnt matter what your gender is... Feminism is about equality.. ok. but here is another statement.. I dont listen to women...

Can you please give me an example? When was the last time you saw interact with a female and how i didnt listen?

Or dou you really mean that because I dont agree with you that most mean I dont listen to women. but by that logic since I dont agree with Cedars either then I must not know how to listen to men.... so I just dont listen to anybody period......

Hoever if I dont listen how come I read and analize your comments and reply to the majority of your sentences and others directed at me?

Not listening doesnt not includde not reading? so I do read but I dont listen?

Can you explain your logic? I am listening....

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sabastious, if you have transcripts of the radio show, can you PM me the transcripts? I will appreciate it since I am completely deaf. Thank you!

I only transcribed the answer to my question to him. I'd like to do the rest, but I think I will l need permission from Richard Rawe, of which I should be able to get. I didn't know you were deaf, that gives added incentive for me to grill out the transcription. It was a 3 and a half hour show and it was pretty amazing. I am saddened that it has to be hosted somewhere like the Six Screens Mad House of Fact and Fiction. Rick gave a HUGE ad block to himself during an intermission and the whole first part of the show was just a bunch of JWN hate, Barbara Anderson included herself in the bashing of this forum.

This forum is a wonderful resource for thousands of people who need it. I certainly condone the actions of SBC in creating this thread. However there is corrosive vitriol here that I did not expect from this community.

-Sab

• talesin
    talesin

Okay,,, I correct my language, because I agree! I was being gender-negative ... You are just the kind of PERSON who doesn't get it.

And yes, you hear, but you don't listen,,,, you have damned yourself with your own words (and I don't mean it as harshly, in the religious connotation). We are conditioned to feel that it's 'not that bad',,, and I understand your lack of empathy.

I apologize for assuming it's your gender ... it's really a societal thing ... it's just so horrific,,, to THINK,, now REALLY THINK, about a child ,,, being raped, that something in our brain wants to deny its truth.

Did I want to make you feel bad? Yes! But not about yourself,,, I just want you to UNDERSTAND,, Steven is doing a 'good thing',, yes, he fucked up,, OKAY? But on the whole,,, he is doing a REALLY GOOD THING.

that's all,,, that's all I want you to understand.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit