"9/11 was in fact....an Attack on Jehovah's Organization!!"

by RagingBull 117 Replies latest jw friends

• just Ron
    just Ron

This bat shit crazy Idea could be the reason they are going to give for selling the properties and get out of New York.

Ron

• Londo111
    Londo111

Outside of JWN, I heard a similar story, so including here, that makes 3 independent reports. Maybe COs float crazy stories like this to see if it will show up on JWN the next day…then they can narrow down a list of suspected "apostates". Of course, maybe I'm being paranoid.

On a less paranoid note, is it possible that many COs are floating this story on Tuesday nights? Or could it be something promulgated by a single CO?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This story stains the B/S monitor of the most loyal dub.. For one thing, tours of the UNO are common, but was there anything to see in the WTC except a load of offices? Correct me if I am wrong.

About the claims that WW2 was started to assault "Gods people"and then ended to preserve them, certainly this was taught and remembered - I often have it directed at me in these lively family discussion.....

I believe it goes at least as far back as "Your Will Be Done On Earth" in the fifties (based on the book of Daniel) but this is from the:

Revelation Climax Book ch 27 page 185/186

"This vicious flood of persecution reached a high point during World War II. In Europe some 12,000 Witnesses were incarcerated in Nazi concentration camps and prisons, and about 2,000 died. Under the warlords that ruled Italy, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan, faithful Witnesses suffered similar cruel treatment. Even in so-called democratic lands, the Witnesses were assaulted by Catholic Action groups, tarred and feathered, and run out of town. Christian assemblies were broken up and Witness children were expelled from school.

29 Relief arrived from an unexpected source: “But the earth came to the woman’s help, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the dragon disgorged from its mouth. And the dragon grew wrathful at the woman, and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.” (Revelation 12:16, 17) “The earth”—elements within Satan’s own system of things—began to swallow up “the river,” or “flood.” During the 1940’s the Witnesses gained a series of favorable decisions in the United States Supreme Court, and from ruling powers in some other lands, that upheld freedom of worship. Finally, the Allied nations swallowed up the Nazi-Fascist juggernaut, to the relief of the Witnesses who had suffered under cruel dictatorships. Persecutions did not stop altogether, for the wrath of the dragon has continued until today, and he keeps up the war against those who “have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.” In many lands, loyal Witnesses are still in prison, and some still die because of their integrity. But in some of these lands, the authorities from time to time relax their pressure, and the Witnesses enjoy a greater measure of freedom. Thus, in fulfillment of the prophecy, the earth continues to swallow up the river of persecution."

• sir82
    sir82
    This bat shit crazy Idea could be the reason they are going to give for selling the properties and get out of New York.

Yup.

I kind of picture it this way: The GB thinks "Jehovah was sending us a message...Satan nearly got us....it's a sign we need to move...we are under attack by {echo effect} SATAN!!!!!"

I'm pretty sure that more than one GB member has believed their own hype long enough that they are now "fully invested" in the idea that yes, they are that special, out of 7 billion people on the planet, the Almighty of the universe talks to THEM ALONE.

And the somewhat sane legal and investment teams realize moving out of Brooklyn is a pretty good idea anyway, and just suppress their eye-roll / face-palm reflexes and go with it.

• sir82
    sir82
    was there anything to see in the WTC except a load of offices?

There was an observation deck at / near the top, and a restaurant. It was a pretty popular tourist destination as the highest point in NYC.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Brother KERR (GB member I guess if I'm spelling it right) had later told him (our C.O. who I guess was there with them. b/c you know how these "stories" usually go. told in 1st person? 3rd? whatever).... he told him "This was not an attack on this country...(pause for effect)...this was an attack on JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION" (low-sounding gasp by audience)....." OP

Wow....

That level of self-important paranoia....

UnbeFRIKKIN'lievable!!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "For one thing, tours of the UNO are common, but was there anything to see in the WTC except a load of offices? Correct me if I am wrong. ..." BluesBrother

They were touring the World Trade Center so they could all see that nasty, materialistic lifestyle with money, financial security, and lucrative careers - everything that they would never have the opportunity to have, if they were "obedient"....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think the Yearbook itself could supply an argument from silence against the story:

The World Trade Center Disaster: The graduation of the 111th class of the Watchtower Bible School of Gilead was held on Saturday, September 8, 2001. Three days later, on September 11, graduates and their families were touring New York City, in the United States. That day began warm and beautiful with clear, blue skies. Then, at 8:46 a.m., a commercial jet crashed into the World Trade Center north tower in lower Manhattan. Minutes later another commercial jet slammed into the south tower.

Because of the general tendency of the Society to emphasize connections between world events and the organization, it is noteworthy that nowhere does this state that "graduates and their families" were touring the WTC specifically at 8:46am. If they had actually even at the site, or even in the building that was struck, it would be puzzling why such a dramatic detail would be omitted. And of course, the reference states that those touring were "graduates and their families"; there is no mention of the GB (much less as a unit) touring together with the graduates.

Also....the graduates + families + the entire GB would constitute a rather large group. Such a group, if they were going to Windows on the World to eat breakfast, would have needed a reservation (that would have been a pricey meal at the Society's expense!), which doesn't mesh too well with the narrative element about the group leaving Bethel quite late on account of one person (thereby dramatically saving the lives of everyone in the group). It seems more likely that they would have had the usual Bethel breakfast and then met together to tour New York subsequently. But in that case they would have been waiting in the lobby of the South Tower for an elevator to go up to the observation deck (which would more readily handle a large group arriving without a reservation), which was the wrong building for them to experience the effects of the first plane crash (elevator falling down with fire and debris). And even that doesn't work because the observation deck wasn't even open yet at the time of the attacks.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Of course they would never put such a ridiculous thing in print...but, do we doubt that a CO would say it from the platform?

Remember this: Most of the 1975 hype was word of mouth from circuit, district (and higher) overseers and never officially printed.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

If they had actually even at the site, or even in the building that was struck, it would be puzzling why such a dramatic detail would be omitted.

Exactly! As was said, if there had been a miraculous escape - especially if members of the GB were there - this story would have been milked to death by now. Something would have been in print.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit