"9/11 was in fact....an Attack on Jehovah's Organization!!"

by RagingBull 117 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I thought it was BS too. But even with BS there can be elements of truth. It can be easily verified on the WT CD-ROM that Gilead School graduation is around Sept. 11, and for 2001 there is an account of what the graduates were doing:

yb03 p. 8 Highlights of the Past Year

The World Trade Center Disaster: The graduation of the 111th class of the Watchtower Bible School of Gilead was held on Saturday, September 8, 2001. Three days later, on September 11, graduates and their families were touring New York City, in the United States. That day began warm and beautiful with clear, blue skies. Then, at 8:46 a.m., a commercial jet crashed into the World Trade Center north tower in lower Manhattan. Minutes later another commercial jet slammed into the south tower.

Whether the entire GB were there touring and had a lucky miraculous escape ... I think that story would have already been milked for all it was worth by now if it was true. It's the first I've heard of it.

• Ding
    Ding

Of course!

The WTS must be the center of everything.

No doubt they were really aiming the planes at Bethel and ran into the twin towers by mistake...

• ssn587
    ssn587

To bad the planes missed them is all I got to say, Well hey they believe in the myth of a governing body, so another myth to solidify that myth, guess they should have been called the governing myth makers body eh?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    Brother KERR (GB member I guess if I'm spelling it right) had later told him (our C.O. who I guess was there with them. b/c you know how these "stories" usually go. told in 1st person? 3rd? whatever).... he told him "This was not an attack on this country...(pause for effect)...this was an attack on JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION" (low-sounding gasp by audience)

I'm so cynical anymore that it would have been difficult for me to contain my laughter had I been in the audience. Classic!!!!

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I'm sure Mohammed Atta, Osama bin Laden, and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed all had the WT in mind when they planned their attack on the WTC. They had to know that the Governing Body members of a religion they probably never even heard of before were on their way to the top. Circuit Overseers say the stupidest things sometimes. I remember one saying at a DC back in the 80's that if Jehovah didn't do something about Armageddon soon, then he'd have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah. How exactly Jehovah is going to do that to people long burnt up and buried remains a mystery (perhaps He'd just resurrect them to quickly apologize, and then wipe them out all over again once He's through). Conventional wisdom suggests that residents of those infamous cities are still piles of ash and salt at the bottom of the Dead Sea and an official apology from the Almighty has yet to come.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

This is one of those things that will never be in print but that COs are 'allowed' to say to keep the zombies going oooooh aahhhhh.

oz

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

While at Brooklyn Bethel, I once heard a Bethel speaker make the following point: The reason Satan started WWII was to attack Jehovah's annointed ones. The speaker made the claim that during WWII, the highest concentration of partakers was in Europe.

Has anyone else heard this? Is it in a publication?

• designs
    designs

Its all about ME! lol I don't know if its a good urban legend but its a funny story.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

While at Brooklyn Bethel, I once heard a Bethel speaker make the following point: The reason Satan started WWII was to attack Jehovah's annointed ones. The speaker made the claim that during WWII, the highest concentration of partakers was in Europe.

Has anyone else heard this? Is it in a publication?

Can't say if I read it in any WT publication, but I have definitely heard it. Probably even used it, after all, it's a damn good sales technique.

Doc

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

(gag)

sad because so many 'dubs will buy it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit