Anyone have the outline for the 2012 'Special Talk'

by Lore 83 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

RETURN NOW, AND ACTIVELY SERVE THE SHEPHERD OF OUR SOULS

Interesting that this is largely aimed at inactive ones, rather than those from the territory.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There is nothing "special" about warming up the same old tripe and putting it out on the banquet table one more time.

Watchtower angel in midheaven warning the end is near

Archangel Michael flying in midheaven warning the end is near.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

LostGeneration that's an awesome idea. Come up with a flyer that has the cover and some quotes from that Awake.

"It is much later for this world than you may think! Indeed, it has only a few more years of existence left!"pg 4

"THE fact that fifty·four years of the period called the "last days" have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God." pg 13

I want to distribute them before the talk. That way some may have an aha moment while sitting through that BS

• yadda yadda 2
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Typed text is not showing in my posts using IE for some reason.

What I said was: Like jwfacts, I found it interesting that inactive ones are mentioned so much. Its like the talk is mainly directed at them.

Also noticed that the 'composite sign' is said to mean we are in the last days, but there is no mention of this meaning Jesus has been present since 1914 as reigning King.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Inactive ones, those who were once neglected before this new talk, will get the spiritual support and reassurance "Jehovah will correct all the ills that plague the local congregations. The numbers of inactive ones in some areas, are thirty percent of the Kingdom Halls, in some parts of the United States. Locally, there is a Hall with twenty plus percent inactive ones, will this talk help them see the "Light"?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Inactive ones?

Ho hum!

Looks like 'mother' is running out of money and needs more 'willing workers to the field'(TM) greenbacks to be gathered in!

If they're that inactive will they even be at the after mock the Christ ritual pubic balk?

• yknot
    yknot

Seeing how "Mother Dear" has been in reactionary mode for quite awhile......

Perhaps the it is all just a way to address the high accounting of 'inactive' ones who are now AWOL from the meetings.

On the other hand......

I so see the obviousness of "hey you dubbie in the left , third row, ya you..... they gone and missing ....ya you should so go and try and fix the reasons why they aint here"....

A weekend later, knock knock

Active: Hey Bob, just wanted to stop in and see how you are doing, aint seen you at the meeting in awhile.

Inactive: Yea, been kinda busy

Active: Oh, well I was getting kind of worried, the Special Talk was last Sunday and the Slave was really expressing concern for Brothers and Sister who have become inactive in these critical end times.

Inactive: Ya, I read over that outline a few months ago.

Acctive; What?

Inactive: The outline of the talk, some friends passed it along so I read it...... and we discussed how the 1968 Awake had the exact same title.... you know 'this one' (Inactive Brother pulls page on his Iphone)......

Active: what site is that?

Inactive: one where all the outlines, books and stuff of that nature get discussed openly..... you should check it out sometimes, just dont' get all freaked out if someone is having a 'rant' moment.....

Active: what was that website again.....maybe I will

Inactive: Tell ya what I am real busy right now, how about I call in a few days and we can talk about the webiste.

Active: I would like that ....

Inactive mumbles to himself as Active walks away....."this is where I should have been snarky and asked for a donation to support the worldwide deprogramming work"

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I like the Note to the Speaker:

Exhort the audience "on the basis of love," particularly when considering the last section directed toward inactive ones

That direction from "the Slave" will no doubt help the speaker nuance this part:

We do know that destruction of the wicked is soon to come [Read 2 Peter 3:11, 12]

Is it just me or does that sound more like exhorting based on fear?

I'm just sayin' is all!

00DAD

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Is there a way we could get this magazine scanned in a pdf file? I would be curious to see how close the talk outline is to the Awake articles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit