Anyone have the outline for the 2012 'Special Talk'

by Lore 83 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

YKnot....

As so many others have said,

THANKS for all the effort you put into providing us with this information!!!

[Sorry. Read that dayyamed Awake article above and just fell into that style of writing...]

Anyway, THANKS!!

• paladin
    paladin

YKnot...

Thanks for those 1968 articles. I have the old Watchtower bound volumes back to 1960 and Awake back to 1976. Still waiting for our Special Talk and will compare notes when that times arrives.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks YKNOT!

They should give everyone in attendence at the special talk a copy of the Oct 8, 1968 g or they could release it right after the talk!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Marked for later retrieval

• Sulla
    Sulla

In that helpful graphic in the Awake, outlining the great groupings of time, does it seem at all strange that a "Christian" religion supposes that no event in the life, death, resurection, or ascention of Christ has much significance at all?

• Cirkeline
    Cirkeline

Thank you so much Yknot! Will read ASAP. This might be a helpfull tool to help me fullfill my long-term goal to get my two daughters out of this cult. I raised them to be very devoted JW, which now, after I learned the truth about the truth, gives me a great deal of pain as I feel responsible for ruining their chances for a normal life. I brought this on to them, and will do absolutely everything I can to get them out. I have been JW for over 20 years, but couple for years ago I saw the light, gradually, and DA my self. Stupid stupid of me, but at that time I felt bad about hiding "sins" for the elders and was still strongly mind-controlled. Well I learned that honesty gets you into deep trouble in this org. Had it been today, I would have left the clever way and simply just faded away doing exactly what I felt was right for me and not involve old men. I must have been quite naive thinking that my own children would never shun me. Boy was I wrong! Apparently I did a good job in raising my own two daughters into hot shots JW, 100% loyal to the politics including shunning DA/DF familymembers. So this religion hit me full speed in the neck like a boomerang! Have to try and make it up to them. As I could not handle the situation of not being allowed to be their mother, I took steps to get reinstated, and fall-2011 I was. NOT happy to be in the org. again, but this was my only chance to get my children back. We are now happily reunited, and I enjoy every moment we chare. I now have the status of being a weak-spirited inactive person, so that special talk is for me. Well, at least now I have a chance to influence my daughters and help them to think for them selves and hopefully give them the need to investigate their own believes/religion. But it is very, very hard not to be able to shout out loud to everyone of how I feel about this religion. Maybe this issue will be one of the drops of real truth that will fullfill my dream, to leave this horrendes cult with both my girls!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Cirkeline, is there any chance that you can get your hands on an original of that "Awake" magazine and show it to your girls??? Sometimes you can buy old magazines on the internet...

Are you in the U.S.A.??? Probably not, since you referenced "boomerangs", but maybe there's a decent "used-books" network in your area where you can request that magazine and pick it up for cheap...

Better start looking for it ASAP, though, because due to this 'special' talk, I'll bet it will become popular....

Zid

• screwface
    screwface

thank god for this website and the people who post here. Truly great stuff!

• Cirkeline
    Cirkeline

Ziddina - No, not from the USA. I live in a small country in Europe, not Australia (boomerang). But thanks, that's a good idea. I will def try to get an old original magazine on the net or used-book store. That would be something to give them, while special-talk fresh in mind. And its not forbidden to read!!!!

• blondie
    blondie
    Today, an even more urgent warning is being sounded, with overwhelming evidence that Armageddon is near.

but today's WT

Matthew 23:43 (but leaves out verse 44)

(Matthew 24:43, 44) 43 “But know one thing, that if the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit