Anyone have the outline for the 2012 'Special Talk'

by Lore 83 Replies latest jw friends

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Same old yada yada...the end is near, the end is near...the end is near...

we don't know when the end will come, but what we are sure that is near....

Give me a brake, 150 years of false prophecy, they didn't managed to spot a single event in history, but still they are sure the end is near!

If WT was a bookmaker then you would have lost all of your money following their advice

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

The writing process at WT begins with researching and reading what has already been written in the past about the subject. Makes some changes, add some new stats and stories and poof! New light!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

In light of the irony of the title and theme of the "Special Talk" today I thought I would post an excerpt from a featured article of the 1968 Awake! with the same title, IS IT LATER THAN YOU THINK?. The article begins on page 13 and purports to answer the question:

What will the 1970's Bring? - g1968 10/8, p. 13- 14

The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the "last days" have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God. How can we be so certain of this?

One ways is by noting what Jesus said when he gave his great prophecy about the "last days." After he listed the many events that would mark this period, he also stated, "Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." -- Matt. 24:34.

Jesus was obviously speaking about those who were old enough to witness with understanding what took place when "the last days" began. Jesus was saying that some of those persons who were alive at the appearance of the 'sign of the last days' would still be alive when God brought this system to its end.

Even if we presume that youngsters 15 years of age would be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914, it would still make the youngest of "this generation" nearly 70 years old today. So the great majority of the generation to which Jesus was referring has already passed away in death. The remaining ones are approaching old age. And remember, Jesus said that the end of this wicked world would come before that generation passed away in death. This, of itself, tells us that the years left before the foretold end comes cannot be many. - Emphasis in original

Isn't it amazing! 44 years ago the WTBTS was "so certain" that "only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God." The only thing that is "so certain" is that they were so certainly wrong! If the youngest of "this generation" was nearly 70 years old in 1968 they would be nearly 114 years old today! There are only five or six people still alive on earth at this very moment that are that age. (See: List of the verified oldest people) This of course was one of the articles that led to the whole 1975 debacle. It seems that neither the leaders nor the majority of their followers have learned.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana

Unbelievable. --------------------------------- Links to scans of the pages:

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you YKNOT & OODAD

That`s just what I was looking for

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit