Anyone have the outline for the 2012 'Special Talk'

by Lore 83 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

there's never anything special about the special talk. It's just a new outline being introduced. But ity provides busy work to the drones so they run around and get interested ones and their studies that never progress to show up one night.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Cost cutting (Time) Streamline process (subtract more scriptures, use smaller words and dumb down Eschatological concepts) New Input is (GET OUT IN SERVICE NOW! MORE TIME, MORE SERVICE, IT'S LATE, IT'S LATE, IT'S REALLLY REALLLLY LATE!" The Mad Dubber

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That 1968 Awake! to go along with this outline is HILARIOUS!

Maybe we could print up small half-size copies of the Awake! cover and put out as "handbills" on the literature counter. Wonder how long it would take some to even notice the date: 1968! Obviously we thought it was LATER THAN WHAT IT REALLY WAS back in '68.

DOC

• therevealer
    therevealer

RETURN NOW, AND ACTIVELY SERVE THE SHEPHERD OF OUR SOULS

Interesting heading and I love how most references are to the watchtower

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

DOC - had the same thought myself! At the very least, the title of the talk can easily lead to a conversation about the awake.

I sound like I'm at the service mtg!

Thanks, ynot!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    Note to the speaker:
    Exhort the audience "on the basis of love,"

Anybody else find it odd that they put "on the basis of love" in quotations?!?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Lots of love for the inactive ones......wouldn't inactive mean your not at the meeting ?? How encouraging because Witnesses don't speak to inactive ones in public !

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Anybody else find it odd that they put "on the basis of love" in quotations?!?

Odd yes, because a shepherd has to be instructed to be loving instead of it being a given and natural occurrence within a group that is supposedly identifed by it's love.

On the other hand .... no because it is a quote (Philemon 9) I am exhorting you rather on the basis of love. . .

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Exhort the audience "on the basis of love," particularly when considering the last section directed toward
    inactive ones

followed by

We do not know how long Jehovah will offer reconciliation (2Co 5:18-20; w98 12/15 17-18 pars. 9-11)

We do know that destruction of the wicked is soon to come [Read 2 Peter 3:11, 12]

Too funny. Basically 'lovingly' tell the inactive that unless they get their ass into gear and get out preachifying Sky Daddy gonna kill them SOON.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We do not know how long Jehovah will offer reconciliation (2Co 5:18-20; w98 12/15 17-18 pars. 9-11)

We do know that destruction of the wicked is soon to come [Read 2 Peter 3:11, 12]

Welllllllllllllllll, in 1968, we know damn well that the reconciliation was NOT going to be longer than 4 years, since anyone finishing high school would NEVER complete a college education.

I'm SHOCKED that it says the "destruction of the wicked is SOON to come". Shouldn't that be VERY VERY SOON? Or IMMINENTLY? Now we're just back to "SOON"?

(Is that SOON the same "SOON" as it was in 1968? Of, is it SOONER?)

DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit