Anyone have the outline for the 2012 'Special Talk'

by Lore 83 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

You know, the fact that the title of the talk matches EXACTLY the title of the infamous Awake! is just uncanny. Probably a coincidence, but imagine if it were one of those rascally writing department guys slipping this stuff under the radar?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Thanks Yknot! So glad you have returned! :)

Here is a scan of the special offer for the Memorial season.

http://flic.kr/p/br2Det

• sir82
    sir82

Wait! So the end is coming soon?

Soon you say?

Why I've never ever ever heard that from JWs before!

How special this talk is! Special special special!

How fitting it would be for me to sell all my worldly goods and live out the few remaining months of this system of things engaging in full time service....

Wait...on second thought, that does sound familiar....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ok check that outline where it says "5 lines of evidence" or whatever...(btw thanks Yknot)

Remember when it used to be "6 lines of evidence"? Here is a thread to check out:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/209711/1/comment-on-this-2000-wt-6-lines-of-evidence

Which one is missing now? Oh yeah, that pesky "dwindling number of anointed" living on earth in the last days. I guess there is now less evidence than there was in 2000!

• undercover
    undercover

Marking...

We need to resurrect this thread after the talk is given and see how many are able to point out the similarities between the 1968 call to action and the present one to JW family/friends and their reaction.

Another thought (or three):

1. Either the leadership is absolutely clueless as to what has preceded in WT history and even they don't remember the 68 magazine.

2. They're hoping the younger crowd doesn't know anything about the 60s/early 70s WT history and are also hoping that 40 years of indoctrination has made the older ones forget.

3. Or - someone high up is purposely trying to nudge people awake enough to realize that this is the same old song and dance. Nothing ever really changes. "Look y'all! Wake up! Can't you see this is the same old shit from 44 years ago!. In the final words of Ferris Bueller: 'you're still here? it's over. go home. ' "

• infpalex
    infpalex

Gah, the fact that it literally is the exact same material over again is insane. I can't believe that there is an Awake with the exact same title and then that link to the thread from 9 months ago with the six signs of the end is exactly the same... of course they subracted the part that didn't make them look so good...

I just wish that the people I still love in that organization could just be shown this stuff... this stuff from their own magazines but they wouldn't listen even if I tried to tell them because of course I've been labeled an apostate. It's just insane.

Thanks to Ynot, LostGeneration and everyone else in this thread and others for keeping on posting this stuff. I don't post as much as everyone but I love to read the information just the same.

Alex

• designs
    designs

We should post pics of ourselves now and then (if you are over 40). Damn 44 years and still waiting for the Train to come in.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf

A false alarm, also called a nuisance alarm, is the fake report of an emergency, causing unnecessary panic and/or bringing resources (such as emergency services) to a place where they are not needed. Over time, repeated false alarms in a certain area may cause occupants to start to ignore all alarms, knowing that each time it will probably be false. The concept of this can be traced at least as far back as Aesop's story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf, where many episodes of a boy falsely yelling "wolf" caused the townspeople to ignore his cries when a real wolf came. In addition, false alarms have the potential of diverting emergency responders away from legitimate emergencies, which could ultimately lead to loss of life.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'm over 40 and I still wasn't born yet when that issue came out.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I'm SHOCKED

well DesirousofChange, are we not sooner than we were back in 1968?? In fact we are 44 years closer! and if it was soon then just think how SOON we are now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit