Anyone have the outline for the 2012 'Special Talk'

by Lore 83 Replies latest jw friends

• iclone
    iclone

Allow God’s Word and our Christian publications to help you gain spiritual strength (Ps 119:105)

What a shameless plug to promote their literature. Show me in Psalms where it makes mention that God's word alone is simply not enough, you need all these other publications. What a fricken joke! These hypocrites openly denounce the Mormon religion for putting emphasis on "The Book of Mormon". How is the WT ANY DIFFERENT?

I do love the poster and distribution ideas. I would gladly do the parking lot campaign if it were not for all the security cameras that have been installed! Maybe I will get one of my Hollywood friends to make me a special mask depicting one of the GB members! haha

• NOLAW
    NOLAW
    Today, Jehovah uses his anointed servants to remind even the righteous that it is later than most think
    (Eze 3:21)
    These servants have proved to be immovable, like iron pillars in a fortified city (Jer 1:17-19)

44 years and still going strong. Sorry guys. I am referring to me. Those GB members have long hit the launchpad.

We 'll talk again about it 44 later, provided I haven't hit the launchpad too. Sorry GB guys I am not referring to you-you will have long hit the launchpad by then!

NOLAW

• finally awake
    finally awake

Bubblegum - "Inactive ones, those who were once neglected before this new talk, will get the spiritual support and reassurance "Jehovah will correct all the ills that plague the local congregations. The numbers of inactive ones in some areas, are thirty percent of the Kingdom Halls, in some parts of the United States. Locally, there is a Hall with twenty plus percent inactive ones, will this talk help them see the "Light"?"

I tried a little math on the number of publishers in my former hall. I only attended meetings there for about 12 years, and I came up with nearly as many people who no longer attend meetings as those who are still active. In fact, in the 12 years I attended, Just Ron and I were the only two people baptized who were not born-ins. If I had access to the complete records, I would bet that there are more people still living here who used to be active witnesses than there are people who are currently active witnesses.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I liked this point from the outline:

Today, Jehovah uses his anointed servants to remind even the righteous that it is later than most think - (Eze 3:21)

The cited scripture states:

And as for you, in case you have warned someone righteous that the righteous one should not sin, and he himself does not actually sin, he will without fail keep on living because he had been warned, and you yourself will have delivered your own soul.

A quick check of the context of this verse from Ezekiel chapter 3:

16 And it came about at the end of seven days that the word of Jehovah proceeded to occur to me [Ezekiel] , saying:

17 “Son of man, a watchman is what I have made you to the house of Israel, and you must hear from my mouth speech and you must warn them from me .

shows that Ezekiel was the "you" in the context of these verses recording what he believed was direction from Jehovah. Now our man Ezekiel, as is widely recognized, was a Prophet.

So when the WTBTS preaches through these "Special Talks":

Today, Jehovah uses his anointed servants to remind even the righteous that it is later than most think - (Eze 3:21)

They are clearly implying that they are Prophets used by Jehovah. Never mind that they frequently deny calling themselves prophets so they have wiggle-room when their "don't call them prophecies" don't come true!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

00DAD - nice catch

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Special Talk #181 - Think deeply about your heavenly Father; how late do you suppose he would say it is?

Well I don't have to "think deeply" at all to answer this question. I KNOW exactly how "late" he would say it is:

For [the] vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late. - Habakkuk 2:3

So, not only is it NOT "later" than I or anyone else thinks, it's not late at all, ... at least not according to Habakkuk!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WBF: Thanks for noticing!

It's interesting that once a person finally breaks from the concept that the WTBTS is divinely inspired/spirit directed or whatever, the lame argumentation, illogical and incoherent reasonings, the sloppy biblical interpretations and shoddy eisegesis based on flimsy connections, mis-applied scriptures and patchwork theology becomes painfully obvious.

The next thing one notices is the blatantly manipulative techniques that are used to constantly reinforce the ideas:

• We are appointed by God
    • Do not question us
    • Obey us ...
    • God loves you
    • Obey us or die

even in spite of the "escape hatches" they incorporate into their writings to leave themselves an out later on.

At this point it's almost becoming entertaining to read the rags ... in a sick and twisted, "I can't believe I ever fell for this s#!t!!!" kind of way!

00DAD

• lrkr
    lrkr

So much for JWs be becoming more mainstream and less apocalyptic and fear mongering!!!

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WTS has been doing "copy & paste" for a very long time.

• Open mind
    Open mind

yknot, your undercover activities are always appreciated.

For your sake I hope you'll be able to come out in the open someday, but for now, thanks for all you do.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit