How come "Johhny the Bethelite" has not been exposed?

by hotspur 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well one thing for sure. We have all apparently given this alot of attention. And so the attention whore wins. I'm sure we'll see a replacement Johnny the bethelite in the future.

Rick you're quite the circus entertainer. Chuck Barris, Wally George, Jerry Springer, and Morton Downey all tip their hat to you.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Nope, can you give me a quick crash course? I suspect there's a whole load of stuff about this site's past that I'm oblivious to.

You should have been here when Rick unveiled his first Six Screens website. He tried this massive build up to the website that had special information that was going to bring down the Watchtower.

It was very interesting at the time, we wondered it if was some more leaked documents from the legal department or such.

When it was finally released it was a disaster. The website was put together like cheesy B-grade horror movie and just featured six videos of himself "exposing" the watchtower using material found on many ex-witness sites. It was painful on the eyes.

And since the internet never forgets, here's most of the homepage:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070326005856/http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/

While a few applauded him for taking the Watchtower on, most of JWD just did a facepalm and it went downhill from there.

• cedars
    cedars

Ouch.

I like the disclaimer... "Notice: This is NOT the official website of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" - really? But the likeness to watchtower.org is so deceptive!

Well I can only repeat what I said before, which is that many seasoned posters on here seem to find time for him, even though they may despair at the direction he takes with some of his campaigns. I would rather think the best of him until I am given proof to the contrary. I do think he owes a candid explanation to the question posed in the OP, but that's just my opinion.

I was initially open to the idea of him being banned if he was in breach of site rules, which seemed to be the case. However, Simon and the mods will know what is happening, and the fact that he is still allowed to post at present speaks volumes (even if he's on a final warning or something similar). I agree that banning him should be a last resort and that everyone deserves a second chance, however (as I've mentioned) I also think that the analogies with disfellowshipping are inaccurate and frankly offensive, and the direction he is taking with the JTB campaign is counter-productive to the cause I signed up for.

Cedars

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I remember years ago looking at the sick screens site, and boy oh boy didnt he fit the WTS spin on apostates perfectly! I left feeling dirty and never went back there ever again!

Good job Rick on keeping the JWs in the "truth" by scaring them shitless about apostates.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How come "Johnny the Bethelite" has not been exposed?

Because its most likely Rick himself disguising his voice.

Rick would do that just to draw attention to his web site.

Now who wants to donate toward the Six Screens ? $$$

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

thetrueone, I do not think it is Rick that is acting as Johnny the Bethelite because Johnny the Bethelite said the word "excommunicated" on his radio show. It is a very big red flag that he is never a witness.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Point taken Iamallcool

Or was this just a little attempt at revealing, I'm not really who I say I am ?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

possibly yes

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

To those who listened to the last Saturday's open speech by this character, is there any thing else to add ?

Such as it is I don't trust Rick Feron or JTB

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

you would have to ask Baltar447, he relayed alot of information to us during the radio show, but Simon took Kool Aid Man's thread down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit