How come "Johhny the Bethelite" has not been exposed?

by hotspur 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Maybe Johhny the Bethelite is for real maybe he isn't, maybe he leaves false trails so as not to be exposed maybe it's all a game and gives out misinformation who knows. Maybe he is a double agent maybe he is a secret agent for one side only. The only way to be sure is if we get tangible proof of what he talks about and until then we remain skeptical . Great emphasis is placed on this site for the need of verifiable proof when any subject is discussed about the Watchtower Org. Why, when and wherefore are our watchwords in discrediting the Watchtower lies. Give us the evidence I say for without it we have no armoury.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@cedars:

Or he wants something interesting to discuss during the conference calls so that more people DIAL IN and stay on the line, as he is (maybe) getting kick-backs from all the rural telephone access fees charged to the long distance carriers under the Telecommunications Act of 1996.... It's called "traffic pumping" and that's how free conference call companies make their money.

Reference: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/220174/1/Betsy-The-Bethelite-to-make-special-announcement-8PM-on-Seven-Screens-Call

My posts start about half way down the first page.

MeanMrMustard

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks MeanMrMustard, you obviously know more about the possible financial angle than I do.

Per the title of this thread, I was just trying to offer a slightly more innocent explanation as to why this fiasco has gone on for so long. I don't know Rick personally, so I don't feel I am in a position to judge his motives. There seems to be posters who have been around longer than I have who will vouch for him. My "postulation" above was an attempt at finding middle ground in the absence of any final word from Rick himself.

Cedars

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@cedars:

*shrugs*, I guess I'm just throwing out what I see as a more plausible explanation for the fiasco. In my mind, and you can disagree if you like, if Rick created JTB in order to draw out a real Bethelite, and he suddenly realized that it wasn't working as well as he thought, the last thing he would do is dedicate an entire show to JTB. He would start to downplay JTB. He would let him fade away. But if JTB brings in the ratings (and that matters because it makes him money), then he would push JTB every change he got - heck! Let's give him his own show!

MeanMrMustard

• cedars
    cedars

Yes MeanMrMustard, I'm not suggesting that Rick has gone about things properly, or that sensationalism and maybe even profiteering haven't played some part in his actions. However, if my above theory is correct (and only one person can answer that question) then the much-advertized live show many have all been part of the elaborate scheme to drum up an audience for the real bethelite to subsequently adopt as his/her own. I'm not saying it makes sense necessarily, but I'm sure people have done stranger things in the past.

Like I said, I don't know the man personally, so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt until he comes clean.

Cedars

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Hello hotspur, I would like to tell you more, but I run the risk of being disfellowshiped and shunned on this forum if "Johnny the Bethilite" threads keep popping up.

Still cannot spell - and the sad thing is that "Bethelite" is spelled correctly in the title of this very thread.

• hotspur
    hotspur

I'm inclined not to give Rick an 'out'. He created this mess - he should fix it. Cedars himself and others offered solutions but nothing even remotely plausible has been forthcoming.

If his excuse is, as Cedars has suggested, drawing out other "double agents" then showing stupid errors as quoted in my OP would scare any would be double agents further away - not draw them in! Their risk to exposure is huge based upon that clumsy and asanine quote.

So, from my perspective, I still smell bovine waste!

• cedars
    cedars

I also don't think you can compare being thrown off this forum with being "disfellowshipped and shunned". I think that kind of minimizes the true horror of what actual disfellowshipping is really about. It's one thing to no longer be able to post on an internet forum, and another thing entirely to no longer have any communication with your own flesh and blood.

That's just how I see things.

Cedars

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

What I know is that this forum has a really good BS detector. In the past, there have been people that show up telling outlandish stories and lying for the sake of attention. They have been identified, debunked and usually removed or forced out depending on the severity of the lies.

Rick has been identified as a shameless self promoter, forming his own cult with his "home church" and looking to recruit more people from this forum with carnival like theatrics. We need to stop giving him the advertising he craves.

• hotspur

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit