How come "Johhny the Bethelite" has not been exposed?

by hotspur 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I also don't think you can compare being thrown off this forum with being "disfellowshipped and shunned". I think that kind of minimizes the true horror of what actual disfellowshipping is really about. It's one thing to no longer be able to post on an internet forum, and another thing entirely to no longer have any communication with your own flesh and blood.
    That's just how I see things.

+++

Rick has been identified as a shameless self promoter, forming his own cult with his "home church" and looking to recruit more people from this forum with carnival like theatrics. We need to stop giving him the advertising he craves.

+ 1000 - and this is exactly the root cause of all the calls for Fearon to be banned from this forum. It goes far deeper than the obviously ludicrous "Johnny" scam.

• hotspur
    hotspur
    What I know is that this forum has a really good BS detector. In the past, there have been people that show up telling outlandish stories and lying for the sake of attention. They have been identified, debunked and usually removed or forced out depending on the severity of the lies.
    Rick has been identified as a shameless self promoter, forming his own cult with his "home church" and looking to recruit more people from this forum with carnival like theatrics. We need to stop giving him the advertising he craves.

So, Paralipomemon... which way to you want it to go... ignore it and he stops? We ignore him and he doesn't get attention or ban him? Just asking!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@cedars:

I agree. If I knew you personally, but you got thrown off this forum, I would still talk to you and greet you.... and even eat a meal with you! It's very different indeed.

MeanMrMustard

• cedars
    cedars
    I agree. If I knew you personally, but you got thrown off this forum, I would still talk to you and greet you.... and even eat a meal with you! It's very different indeed.

Aw thanks MeanMrMustard, you're not so mean after all!

Cedars

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@cedars

*shrugs*... I have been getting soft, haven't I?

Just as an FYI : Rick's home church, referenced above - I think its held through conference call too ... ... No collections ever taken, JUST DIAL IN

MeanMrMustard

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Yes, and additionally - let's not underestimate the social and emotional impact of actual disfellowshiping - when the JW's disfellowship someone, their is a spirit of 'disapproval by god' and "keeping the congregation clean" (from the "filthy" person that is being DFed). Even family is directed as to when and under what circumstances they can 'speak with the filth' that is their son/daughter/husband/wife, etc.

I don't think Simon claims to be making judgements on behalf of god or his 'congragation'. He doesn't 'mark' individuals and instruct everyone on the forum to stop all outside communications with the individual.

Comparing the two is pretty ignorant, and pretty much screams "I am a drama queen".

- Lime

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hello hotspur, I would like to tell you more, but I run the risk of being disfellowshiped and shunned on this forum if "Johnny the Bethilite" threads keep popping up.

I see Rick still hasn't learned not to manipulate - the worst trait any witness can have.

Carry on, rick. Drag your cross. ;) Just PM hotspur why don't you? Yeah, knew you wouldn't.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon
    So, Paralipomemon... which way to you want it to go... ignore it and he stops? We ignore him and he doesn't get attention or ban him?

Just asking!

I know the position has been posted that we shouldn't be like the Witnesses and kick people off for their opinions, but I think there should be a zero tollerance policy for those trying to recruit for their own cult on a cult recovery forum.

He doesn't tout his "home church" anymore here, but that's why he is so desperate to get people to call in. He can do what he wants on his own show. He is predatory and using the benevolance of this forum to prey on people when they are at their weakest.

New posters here are angry at the Witnesses, but many are still religious. That is what Rick wants, to fuel the anger while providing a nice alternative to remaining spiritual, his own cult, sorry... home church.

I am part of many forums online and this one has the more tollerant stance towards troll posters. I think that springs from the desire to not be judgemental like the witnesses, but, in my opinion, Rick is abusing that tollerance for selfish gain and I don't think that should be tollerated.

• cedars
    cedars

I can't believe this is turning into a full-blown Rick Fearon / Johnny the Bethelite thread, and we STILL haven't heard anything from our good friend OUTLAW. Can someone give him a prod?

So just to re-cap... Rick says he can't tell us the truth about Johnny because he fears being disfellowshipped, and we have pretty much established that comparing disfellowshipping with being kicked off the forum is a ridiculous and slightly offensive analogy.

Cue OUTLAW's take on things?

Cedars

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

*prod for outlaw*

*another prod*

*cattle prod*

*hitting outlaw with stick*

*inserting rusty nails into stick*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest